How tall was your kid at a month before 4?

My DD was only 5 lbs 15 ouces at birth and has all been quite skinny. Shes will be 4 on June 27th. We weighed and measured her yesterday shes only 30.5 lbs and 3 feet 1 inch. Is this normal?
I know your not doctors, Just wondering how big your babies where thats all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think her height is fine, she's thin though. Look up her percentage on a growth chart to get a better idea.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:33 AM on May. 25, 2010

• My youngest dd was 5 lb and 15.6 oz when she was born. She'll be 3 1/2 in July. Right now she's about 37.5" and 33 lbs. So it doesn't sound too far off to me!
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 10:42 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Mine turns 4 on July 6th. She is 40 pounds and 43 inches. She's pretty big for her age, though.
    mommy2aftan

Answer by mommy2aftan at 11:56 AM on May. 25, 2010

• She is shorter than average. My 4.5 y/o is 37 inches tall and about 30 pounds, she is the average size of a 2 y/o. I don't ever worry about weight unless I know they are malnourished, speaking of my children only. She is small, there is nothing that can be done about height at her age so, just make reasonable accommodations for her. We have step stools everywhere for my daughter and we don't make a big deal about her size. My daughter's projected adult height is 4'9".

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:17 PM on May. 25, 2010

• No women in my family or her fathers family is over 5'3 so we don't expect her to be super tall. I just wanted to make sure she was healthy. She eats all the time as well.
    Anonymous