I just can't believe the things my daughter is saying!! How do I address this with her? I was eaves dropping!

I posted the question last night:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/421191/I_overheard_my_daughter_saying_this_on_the_phone_What_does_it_mean

My daughter is using filthy language and having sex! I can't believe how naive I have been! I was eaves dropping on her convo and now I don't know how to address this with her. Should I freak out that she's having sex possibly with more than one partner, or should I just make sure she'd educated? I don't know what to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Um...you are her mom. Get all up in her shi@!. Talk to her, ask many questions, educate her and let her know that this is not ok with you but you need her to be open with you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:08 AM on May. 25, 2010

• what did she say? I can't find the question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on May. 25, 2010

• First off, absolutely make sure she is educated! At this age, I am really suprised you haven't already talked to her. Get her on birth control, and have a serious talk with her about being protected to prevent STD's. Take her to your OB and get her a pap/STD check.

Then, I'd be setting some more strict rules to PREVENT this from happening.

And forget about the cursing, you have bigger fish to fry!
    Anonymous

• from what i read, it sounds like her "taco" may be hurting from letting a guy "skeet" in it....and she may be having "ketchup" coming out of her "taco" because he may have popped her "cherry"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:11 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Oh man!

Lock her in her room!

I'm just kidding..sort of.

I don't have a daughter but I wouldn't care one bit if she knew I was listening to her conversations and overheard something like that. It sounds like she doesn't deserve privacy. First try to find out from her what's been going on, then ground her. I wouldn't let her out of my sight. Not acceptable. Just my opinion. I'd go to extremes to keep my daughter from making the mistake of premarital sex. It was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. Don't let her get out of control any more than it sounds she is. Good Luck!
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 10:12 AM on May. 25, 2010

• You need to talk to her. ASAP. She's probably going ot get upsest and say something to effect of you invaded her privacy and broke her trust, but you need to talk to her. Locking her in her room an dhomeschooling is obviously not the answer, so get her on birth control and have a pap done, and tell her that kind of behavior is unacceptable and why. Find out why she is behaving like that. But I agree that educating her is important, but she is still a child and needs your love, support, and guidance. Become more involved- do things with her, talk with her teachers/school councelor, if you dont know all her friends or their parents do that. Is she involved with an sports, clubs, or girl scouts? The more obligations she has, the less time she will have for permiscuous behavior.

cont.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:12 AM on May. 25, 2010

• i would let her know i heard her convo and i would want to know more about what she said so i would make her tell me what those things meant and i would tell her i'm not effing stupid so she better fess up before i beat her effing ass
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:12 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Oh and keep in mind that you may not be able to stop her, education is very important. I hope she isn't in pain because she has an STD.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 10:13 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Instead of confronting her on actually having sex, why don't you sit down with her and talk to her about sex and protection, etc. If you jump on her about having sex, she's going to know you were eaves dropping and you won't be trusted. Sounds stupid I know. But the purpose is to inform her and let her know that you are available to talk when she has a problem, etc. As far as swearing......personally I don't think that's a big issue. No matter what you do or say, she will prolly keep doing it. She's gotta look cool in front of the friends. But I'd mention that speaking that way shows a level of ignorance that you don't think she wants to portray.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:13 AM on May. 25, 2010

• education is every important. simply giving her birth control is not going to prevent pregnancy. SHe needs to understand that. She needs to know a condom needs to always be used. She needs to know that she can still get pregnant. Woman still ovulate on birth control, perhaps you can teach her to track her period and ovulation as well.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:14 AM on May. 25, 2010