did you drink while you were pregnant at all?

just curious because i had gotten an ok from my doctor twice when i was pregnant that was ok to drink only because i was in the second and third trimester. i never did until the final i think it was less then a month away. only one little cup of sangria. i didn't feel guilty. but it was surprising to hear it from the doctor. i am sure not all doctors say ok but one glass of champagne at a wedding or a holiday was ok. anyone else do this? please don't bash. only answer if its relevant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on May. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I did not drink at all with either pregnancy. I know they claim that one or two drinks are ok, but I didn't want to take the chance. (Goes with the whole putting your child's needs before your own.)
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:14 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I didn't, but I have heard that a glass of wine or something like that is okay on occasion. But, I'm not much of a drinker anyway.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:18 AM on May. 25, 2010

• In my 2nd and 3rd trimesters I would have a sip here and there. With my son I had a very weak margarita in my last month and a few sips of beer. With my daughter I had a very small glass of wine a couple of times, no biggie.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:18 AM on May. 25, 2010

• No - this is my 5th pregnancy and I have never had a drink during pregnancy. It's only 9 months and I can definitely go that long without a drink in order to know that I did everything I could to give my child the healthiest start possible!

Answer by missanc at 10:20 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I had a little red wine maybe once or twice. I couldn't enjoy it though. I was too worried about what could happen. As far as the Dr. mine didn't mention drinking lol. I guess he figured I knew already since I'm an adult.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:21 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I had 1/2 of a beer twice during my pregnancy.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:27 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Only before I knew I was pregnant. After finding out not a single drop. Not worth the risk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on May. 25, 2010

• NEVER. I only drank milk and water and sometimes i would drink juice. 2 days before i had my son i chugged a Mt. Dew. I think thats probably what brought on the labor.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:28 AM on May. 25, 2010

• NEVER i would never ever think of doing something like that who would want to drink something at the chance of harming their child??? I drank like 3 cokes all together when i was preg and felt bad about that but i was craving it sooo bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on May. 25, 2010

• With my first I had a few drinks on New Years's Eve before I knew I was pregnant and that worried me the whole pregnancy so no after I knew I only drank water, milk, juice..
    kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 10:49 AM on May. 25, 2010