Would you write a death row inmate?

Would you ever consider being a DR inmates pen pal? How do you feel about the death penalty? If you are interested a great site to join is prisontalk.com!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, NO.

It's bad enough my bio-father's been in jail 17 of my 23 years of life. He got out the summer of 2008, and just went back this past April. He missed DS' 1st birthday because he couldn't keep from stealing and selling drugs.

My bio-father married a woman 3 years before his release. Now I want to know, who in their right mind goes to the prison system looking for the love of their lives?

Aside from that, I really feel that people in the DR situation have plenty of time to sit and think about what they could have done to not get caught if they could do it over, and I also believe that since most will have accepted their fate, they will use their time writing to manipulate people. My bio-father did it to me, so why wouldn't someone in DR do it to you? I wouldn't even risk it. Not a chance.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:31 AM on May. 25, 2010

• If i knew them then i would write them. I try not to create any type of relationship with someone who is going to die for a crime they commited. I dont know how i feel about the death penalty. I guess if i had a close family member on death row i may b against it but for now i just feel, and this is MY OPINION, that people who molest children and other people who may not be able to defend themselves should be put to death. In the worst imaginable way possible. But thats just me. Oh im posting this anon cuz i dont want any more hate mail about my views on the death penalty and molesters :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on May. 25, 2010

• yes, but not visit just write
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:36 AM on May. 25, 2010

• NO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I have. And yes I considered him a pen pal. However I must say that I am a HUGE fan of True Crime Novels and have done a decent amount of research on cereal killers... So while I did write him, I never once forgot what he was. But I wanted to get in to his head. I wanted to find out what made him tick...

Would I do it today? NO. I've gotten in to enough heads at this point... It's time to be in my own for a while.

I would suggest however that anyone looking to start up these penpal relationships, make sure they are deathrow. WHY? Because I had a friend who joined one of these inmate writing programs and he ended up killing her when he got out... So just make sure they aren't ever getting out, cause you never really know.

Also, I am very Pro-Death Penalty. Personally, I think they should get ONE appeal and if they loose that one, give them 7 days and hang them! None of this 25years in prison crap!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:40 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I know someone who committed a murder and I would never consider writing him. At one time I loved him but sorry, murder is a deal breaker. I have a friend from church who met a guy (also a murderer) through a prison ministry. She actually married the guy. They thought he would get parole but he didn't. I think she's nuts. There was a show about him in dateline and I don't think he's repentant at all.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Hell No!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:04 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Hell to the NO! If you only knew what really went on in a Prison you wouldnt even consider it either. If you knew why these inmates were really looking for pen pals you wouldnt do it!

Yes I am for the death penalty, for many reasons. One of them being that someone who has killed multiple people shouldnt be allowed to live for 20 years, with all the comforts that prison life allows (oh yes there are comforts if you dont know this then you need to do some homework)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:30 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I'd have to say no,lol. With my luck he'd break out of prison and try to come visit me, LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:22 PM on May. 25, 2010