Why does "just being a mom" isn't enough to provide children's care?

Daycares require at least some college education from prospective employees. It doesn't matter if the applicant doesn't have prior experience working with children. Less if they have children of their own.

Should we assume with all this criteria that just being a mother isn't enough to provide child care. Mothers who stay at home with their children need more than just being a mom to provide child care.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's different when you are caring for other people's children...
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 3:25 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I don't care if you're a stay at home mom of 7 kids, and you've been there and done that...that doesn't mean I'm going to assume you know what you're doing, and that I would trust you watching my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on May. 25, 2010

• There are stay at home moms out there who are horrible mothers, and have no idea what they are doing...should they be able to provide child care? Should just anyone be able to provide child care? I don't think so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 25, 2010

same here!
    Anonymous

• The more education a woman have the better fit for parenting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 25, 2010

• You don't NEED any college training to work for a daycare. I got a job at a daycare a few years back. All that was required was that you had experience with children for at least 27 hours... That was it, no schooling, no nothing. Just 27 hours of experience...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:55 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Being at home with your child lacks routine and structure which are very important and healthy for a child.
    Someday when women decide to be more productive the same women will contribute with a salary so all kids can be placed in Daycares so the kids are ready for school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 25, 2010

• I know several people who work in daycares that don't have college degrees. Wondering if it depends on the place?

Answer by missanc at 10:56 AM on May. 25, 2010

The OP said "some" college.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 25, 2010

hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa I am a great mommy :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:01 AM on May. 25, 2010