Would you agree on denying citizenship to newborns of immigrants living illegally in The US ?

But free medical care would still be offered.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• This wasn't an option when I was born in 1970 in Germany (at least I don't think so). I only hold US citizenship (my dad was US Army). I know they can hold dual citizenship now tho.

Not pertaining to question. I was born in Germany to US Army father in 1968. I hold dual citizenship. ;)
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 9:11 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Nope. born here, from here.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:07 AM on May. 25, 2010

• that would be stupid.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:07 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Sure, and the medical will only be provided until we can deport them back to where they came from.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Anon :07, that's the tricky part. If they're born here, they're from here, so where the hell are you going to deport them to? You'd support the deportation of American-born citizens?

What's next? Deport anyone that doesn't have Native American blood?
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:13 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Their parents aren't from here. If you are pregnant and you go to France and end up giving birth there, your child isn't a french citizen. The same rules should apply here. Deport them all to where the parents are from. Or we could just take the newborn citizen from the illegal parents and send them back and adopt out the baby. Take your choice.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 25, 2010

• that's the tricky part. If they're born here, they're from here, so where the hell are you going to deport them to? You'd support the deportation of American-born citizens? What's next? Deport anyone that doesn't have Native American blood? AMEN!!!

What people want to CHANGE how this country is run, to suit their own agenda? Progressive, when it suits you-i.n.t.e.r.e.s.t.i.n.g.- hypocrites.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 25, 2010

• your child isn't a french citizen.

Actually they are, unless you give birth on a military station. My best friend was born there and has dual citizenship. Her mom and dad are from here.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:35 AM on May. 25, 2010

• No. I don't agree.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:36 AM on May. 25, 2010

• PLUS our great great grandparents weren't citizens right off the bat, but our great grandparents were guaranteed citizenship if born here. end of story. born here, from here.

That still doesn't untangle the parents, the parents can still be deported, fact is, child can come here whenever they choose once they are an adult.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:39 AM on May. 25, 2010