Pension funds.

My retirement is based on my military service. Do you think that this retirement income is welfare? Someone said I was on welfare and I really did not earn my retirement pay?

I am sure that person would think differently if they got their fannies shot at! GRRRR.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• No, thats not welfare. You've worked for it, you've earned it and you are entitled to it. Have a happy retirement!! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:46 AM on May. 25, 2010

• You earned it while at work, which was a requirement when the contributions were made. Being that it is managed by the government I would be sure to have something else also set up as a backup. congrats on retirement!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:08 AM on May. 25, 2010

• Yes, I do worry about the US going bankrupt. BUT, if it does, I will not be the only person in that boat. I have a home that is paid for, so I guess I would have to grow my own food, use candles and dig a well for water. Other than that, my medications will just have to be given up.

I am nervous about the US spending but I will probably be the LAST group other then the politicians that will get paid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on May. 25, 2010