How many moms on here are either a massage therapist, or knows someone that is? [[ read box below]]

and do they make decent money? nice living? im a single mom and im getting my associates degree in massage but my masters in chiropractic work, and im just wondering where to go about getting a good massage career and if its paying good these days? and what state should i move to to better my career?

kelliekailei

Asked by kelliekailei at 11:14 AM on May. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• I personally do not know of anyone that is in this field but I had at one time looked into it for myself. I don't remember all the details but I found a LOT of the information I was looking for by googling it up. Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:40 AM on May. 25, 2010

• My step sister is a massage therapist on the side. She also works for a bank. After becoming a therapist she realized she couldn't make enough money to compare to what she was making at the bank (I don't know what she does there. I believe she is a personal banker for rich clients). So she just does massage stuff on the weekends.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 11:48 AM on May. 25, 2010

• My sister was a massage therapist but she quit because there is not too many ligit massage jobs out there. If you are lucky enough to get into a hospital you'll be alright. Or if you open your own business. But she worked at a major chain spa and it was an "unspoken understanding" that you will give a "happy ending" when requested. She refused and quit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on May. 25, 2010

• My mother is a massage therapist, and she's on this site. You can message her with questions - her name is CorrinaWithrow.

In our area, there is NO MONEY in it... But in some areas you can make good money.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:46 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I have been a massage therapist for over 2 years, I worked in a spa for awhile and made okay money but have made AWESOME money going out on my own and have an elite clientele. If you have any questions please PM me!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:25 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My good friend just got a job at a chiropractor's office and started today. She says the money is ok, but most importantly it is steady. Before that she worked in a day spa and made more money when there were appointments, but it wasn't always steady. We live in an area that has a 'bike week', so she would set up a booth at a biker bar doing chair massages during that time and it was lucrative for her, but that's only one week out of the year. She would go around to doctor's offices and offer them a price list for chair massages and sometimes the doctors would schedule appt's to treat the staff to chair massages, then she would get regular clients from doing that.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:46 PM on May. 26, 2010

• I am a MT with 9 years under my belt. The best way to make money is to work for your self
    JLWmassage

Answer by JLWmassage at 8:29 AM on Jul. 14, 2010