potty traning AGAIN

how old was your child when she/he started using bathroom by him/her self ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My oldest is 4 and handles all of his own bathroom needs including washing his hands. My 2.5 year old will go to the bathroom alone but still needs me to help him clean afterwards and help washing his hands.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:58 AM on May. 25, 2010

• My nephew was 7 and in school of coarse when he started pooping in his pants even though he was completely potty trained at 3 without any accidents inbetween those two ages. After a lot of talking to him and him still doing it regardless of what we told him. I one day told him if he was old enough to decide to continue playing outside during recess and choose to not go inside to poop in the toilet then he was old enough to clean up himself at the age of 7. I was taking care of his younger siblings, so he would often be brought to me since the school wouldn't take care of the poop. I had no intention of making him do it by himself, but I wanted him to think I did. I gave him a container of wet wipes and shut the bathroom door, telling him not to make a mess. I waited 5 minutes and then checked on him, he was trying to get it off of him and was discusted, not wanting to touch it. He never did it again.
    robertmommie

Answer by robertmommie at 12:13 PM on May. 25, 2010

• To what extent? My son could get up and go pee by himself by age 3 so long as he was only wearing undies or he was wearing pants with an elastic waist. He's 4 1/2 now and just recently really conquered snaps on his pants, mostly because I told him he'd have to wear sweat pants to school in the fall if he couldn't do his pants up by himself. He still loathes wiping his own bum and if we're in a hurry or using a public bathroom I usually wind up stepping in for that but if we're at home I tell him to stay in the bathroom and do it properly by himself.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:47 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My four year old dd handels it all herself. But my five year old neice and 3 year old neice still need help. The three year old is not even started on potty training
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 7:13 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My DD just starting going on her own, without help a few months ago. She is 3.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:21 PM on May. 26, 2010