Questions for people only on food stamps...

I know you can use them at Papa Murphy's bc it's take and bake pizza, but are there other places other than the grocery store that take them? My DH says that in California you used to able to use them at Subway!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• According to the San Fransisco Human Services website it states this: If you are elderly, disabled, or homeless, you can use your Food Stamp EBT card to purchase prepared food from restaurants registered with the Food Stamp Restaurant Meals Program. You need to ask your Food Stamp Worker to code your EBT card so that it will be accepted for payment for hot meals at participating restaurants.

It seems that this program is unique to California and can only be used by the elderly (over 60), disabled, or homeless that recieves food stamp benefits.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 12:55 PM on May. 25, 2010

• most likely they were able to use the cash benefits they recieved, NOT the food stamps
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:11 PM on May. 25, 2010

• No, as long as you got cold food you could use them there. I'm positive Papa Murphy's takes them bc it even says so on their commercials.
    Anonymous

• I'm talking about using them at subway
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:17 PM on May. 25, 2010

• some gas stations here take food stamps. Dollar General, and Family dollar take them too. I guess you could call around your area and find out who takes FS.

Anonymous

• Re: Papa Murphy's it's ONLY the uncooked pizzas the ones you bring home and cook that qualify for food stamps. Being an uncooked pizza means it's consider to be an grocery item.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:01 PM on May. 25, 2010