Has anyone had a sharp pain in there left side that hurts so bad that u can almost not stand to walk???

I'm going on 36 weeks and I have a dr appt in a hour but I just want to see if anyone else has had this problem?

amylynn4919

Asked by amylynn4919 at 12:06 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its probably UTI
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:12 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Yes, I have diverticulitis. It can be controlled mostly with diet, if you go to webmd.com they probably have a specific list of what to eat and what not to but mostly try to avoid nuts and seeds also chocolate has been know to aggravate it but most doctors don't tell you that.
    Anonymous

• Where at on your left side?? Lower like your hip or higher like your ribs?? Baby could be laying on a bad spot too. If its lower it could be your sciatic nerve.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 12:14 PM on May. 25, 2010

• anon 12:13. My mom was just diagnosed with that too. Very well could be that.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 12:16 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Gonna sound weird but I got that mid prego and it turned out to be plain ol really bad constipation... could not stand up straight from the pain... good luck hon !
    Anonymous

• Left side sounds like colon-- gas or stool is probably stuck. And I'm sure your love bug has a nice foot up in the way holding back the blockage.

Water. Water. Water. Try hard to move around.

You may want to get on a all fours and let your belly hang. It could help release some baby pressure from the area.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:32 PM on May. 25, 2010

• With my 1st I had such a sharp pain in my lower back/side near the end of the pregnancy. It look me forever to walk anyware because I was in so much pain. It felt like I was getting stabbed each step I took. I told everyone about it, but They never told me anything bad about it, I geuss they thaught it was just bad back pain, but it even took a while for it to stop even after I had my son.
    Anonymous

• i had that happen 2wks ago (im 36wks) and i was told that it was a round ligambent strecthing. i still have those pains every once in a while.
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 7:06 PM on May. 25, 2010