Sprucing up my chicken!!!

I'd love some nice recipes for chicken breast!!!!! I always seem to end up using shake n bake...tired of it!

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 12:20 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I like to take chicken breast and cook them in olive oil a few minutes on each side to brown it and then add salsa to the pan, cover it and simmer until done. Top it with cheese and sour cream with red rice.. It is really good and not spicy if you get the mild.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:23 PM on May. 25, 2010

• You can do a healthy shake and bake by grounding up oatmeal and using it instead of shake and bake.. LOL Sorry I always just do plain chicken. Or I boil broccoli, add some cheese and poor it on top after the chicken is about half baked.
    Anonymous

• Season them with salt, pepper and garlic, then fry them in a bit of olive oil in low heat until cook. Caramelize some onions until brown and juicy and serve the chicken with the onions on top and sprinkle them with crumbled feta or goat cheese, yummy! You can serve it with mashed potatoes or white rice. By the way take the skin off the chicken or buy them boneless and skinless.

Answer by older at 12:25 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I forgot to mention there is a really good book called 365 ways to cook chicken, get it, you will never be have boring chicken again!

Answer by older at 12:27 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Salsa chicken, like the first poster said, topped with black beans, sour cream & cheese. I made buffalo chicken breasts a couple of nights ago by baking chicken breasts topped with a sauce made of 1/4 c.hot sauce, 1 Tbsp. vinegar, 1 Tbsp. margarine, 1 tsp. celery seed & 1/8 tsp. black pepper. You can also top them with cream of mushroom or chicken soup and bake, serve over potatoes, rice or noodles. You can make chicken in a peanut sauce, chicken in creamy lemon sauce, top with a teriyaki sauce and serve with rice, make bruschetta chicken bake, serve with spaghetti sauce and parmesan/mozzarella cheese over spaghetti, shake & bake using dry ranch dressing, serve with mango salsa, or top with a lemon & rosemary marinade before baking.

If you're interested in any recipes, PM me!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:39 PM on May. 25, 2010

• http://www.bigoven.com/161519-Sauted-Chicken-Breast-in-White-Wine-recipe.html

I used this recipe the other day it was amazing.

mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:56 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I LOVE the McCormick seasoning packets! They have some awesome flavors for chicken that comes with seasoning, a cellophane (?) bag to cook it in, and I think all you add is water and veg. oil.....also their chicken rub is great if you're grilling the breasts.
    soldierluvr0407

Answer by soldierluvr0407 at 2:10 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I love to cook boneless skinless in the crock pot, a couple of different ways that can be used many ways.

1. Add a little water, some seasonings (black pepper, onions, anything else that sounds good). When done, chop or shred and stir in cream of whatever soup (I use celery, but any "cream of" works). Serve as is on buns; or stir into or serve on top of cooked pasta or rice; or whatever else sounds good for creamy chicken.

2. Pour salsa over chicken & cook. When done, chop or shred chicken. Use for chicken tortilla soup, chicken tacos, quesadillas, chicken burritos, with rice, etc.

I also really like to grill them, with or without seasoning or marinade, and let cool, then slice up for big salads or chop/shred for chicken salad. Or just put on a bun with toppings, or in a wrap (whole, half, sliced, shredded, whatever).
    Anonymous

• Here is a ton of chicken recipes that I know you haven't tried! Most are really easy. Most are ready in under 30 minutes. Photos!

http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/?s=chicken&submit=Search

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:17 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I tried to duplicate a dish I had from a local Mexican restaurant, called Alambre de Pollo. I Googled it first, and apparently it is made differently everywhere you go. The one I had was a diced chicken breast sauteed with peppers and onions and chunks of pineapple. With a light tomato sauce, topped with melted cheese. It was soooo good!

I made mine with left over grilled chicken breasts, cold from the frige. I diced it up and set aside while I thinly sliced some peppers and onions into strips. Saute them, add some pineapple chunks and the chicken. Pour some picante sauce over it, enough to make a sauce, but not drown it. Add a touch of the juice from the pineapple. Simmer until bubbly and chicken is heated through. Then add a little touch of half and half...very little. Pour into a serving dish and top with some cheese. I served mine with warm tortillas and a side of black beans. A salad would be good also
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:27 AM on May. 26, 2010