i have a problem with my babysitter - no clue how to handle it. please help!

im a SAHM of 3. and i don't trust many people with my kids. my babysitter is my friends 17 yr old daughter. she's wonderful with my kids, we all love and trust her! i do not want to loose this girl. but i have a problem that i don't know how to fix. she is a very big girl (at least 275lbs) and she eats more than i can afford to provide. DH and i left early saturday morn and came home sunday night. gone were 2 full boxes of cereal, a family size package of ground meat, 1 and 1/2 gallons of milk, 6 gallons of kool-aid (im not kidding) a loaf of bread, a whole chicken, bag of oreos, cake mix and frosting, over a dozen eggs, and God only knows what else. what can i say about this? my house is clean, kids are safe, happy, had a good time. should i just shut up and be greatful to have a good sitter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on May. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would create menus for the times when she is there, and tell her that due to budgeting, you have decided to stick to the menus and limit snacking. That way, you can call attention to it...but not to her personally. GL--tough situation
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 1:52 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Yikes! No clue for that one. What a situation!
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 12:39 PM on May. 25, 2010

• if she is loving and takes good care of your kids, I wouldn't say a thing
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:39 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't say anything. You have a babysitter who is good with your kids.
    Anonymous

• No,

It sounds like she went grocery shopping, speak to her mom, so you don't lose the friendship.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:40 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Talk to her mom or find someone else!
    Anonymous

• Tell her in the nicest way possible that she needs to stop eating you out of your groceries, that you are concerned for her health since she is so young and overweight, that you don't mind her eating normal amounts, but that she has gone overboard and aside from the fact you need that food for your family is not healthy for her. Or maybe you should talk to her mom since you have a friendship there, and tell her what is happening.

Answer by older at 12:41 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I would also suggest not having that many snacks in your house if you are concerned about her eating them, or put them in your bedroom for the night
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:43 PM on May. 25, 2010

• yikes... thats a tough one, if you say something you might put a damper on her self-esteem. On the other hand, groceries are expensive... I would just wait it out and see if it keeps going on.
    Anonymous

• OP HERE my biggest concern is that my kids will pick up on her habbits. second to that would be the cost. i really can't afford it. we pay her well...
    Anonymous