Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wierd situation

So as you know, I am going to school online. I had a class online that required clinicals. Since January, my instructor and I were bending backwards just to set a clinical date, which no hospital would even contact us back to tell us a yes or no answer. So, long story short, we didn't get a clinical date set until May 18th, and the 20th. My instructor gave me an exception since the clinical dates got pushed so far due to no one contacting us. Well I got both clinicals done, was cramming one paper on the 18th and then I was going to do the papers for the 20th when I got home form the clinical. But once I got online to do the papers, the class closed and it said I had an "incomplete" on my grades. I didn't freak out. I thought all I had to do was contact my instructor since she knew the situaton, but guess what? She's out of her office untl August 1st. I have no way to contact her. what should i do? i have no other numbers for

Answer Question

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 12:41 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 8 (261 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • me to contact her. I'm starting to worry.

    Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:42 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • can you email her?

    Answer by ria7 at 12:43 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • contact the dean of the dept

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:44 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • I did e-mail her, no response. :-(

    Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:47 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • Can you call the school and ask around until you find someone who can help? The teacher must have a back up, somewhere! Good luck.

    Answer by Pnukey at 1:25 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • definitely talk to the dean of the department. I had a prof lose an exam on me, and it took me 2 hours to complete! it NEVER takes me that long to do exams. she tried to get me to retake it to earn a grade instead of the incomplete, but talking to the dean got them to calculate the grade without the exam

    Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:31 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • I would contact your academic counselor or the dean..I ahd problems like this with my online school and not only did they charge the course to my student loan, they also billed me for the entire course...needless to say I do not attend that school anymore and I paid my student loan but absolutely refuse to pay the school since the loan company paid them and i still have incompletes...

    Answer by Mom2LexiNJordan at 1:34 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • Contact the dean, the department head, your academic advisor...make sure everyone knows who you are and what your problem is. Be a squeaky wheel (but a very, very polite one).

    Answer by SWasson at 1:54 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • Thank you so much. :-)

    Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:08 PM on May. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.