Why does my canker sore keep reappearing???

I have a canker sore on my right bottom lip on the inside. It keeps coming and going. One day it'll feel like its finally healing, and then the next day its irritated really bad again. What am I doing to make it continually come back and get irritated again? What can I do to stop this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Health

• well for one is in the way so everytime you eat something that might irritate it. When you eat try to avoid that area like eat on your left side at least until it is completely gone and use listerine or hydroporoxide when rinsingGL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:17 PM on May. 25, 2010

• SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:20 PM on May. 25, 2010

• SleepingBeautee stole my answer. lol i find that my canker sores pop up when i'm under lots of stress...and always in the same spot. i keep L-Lysine in the house, and start taking it as soon as i feel one coming up. It also works for fever blisters. Also, til it heals, avoid acidic foods, including anything with tomatoes. GL, i know how irritating they are.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 1:28 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Get some L-lysine.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:34 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Stress could be the cause of it, eating high acids foods is another source. It also could be a herpes virus! You need to get it checked out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on May. 26, 2010