co sleeping

what age do you stop cosleeping or even in the same room

troubledkat911

Asked by troubledkat911 at 1:13 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I never co slept. I had my daughter in a bassinet or pack and play for about a month. She didn't sleep much in either so I put her in her criib at a month old. She loved it and has been sleeping in her crib ever since. I still use the monitor till this day and she is 2. I believe even babies need their own space. :)
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 1:17 PM on May. 25, 2010

• With our oldest he was three, with the younger two they were each around 15 months and it was soooo much easier to transition them to their own room.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:17 PM on May. 25, 2010

• sh never wanted to co sleep but she got really sick about a year ago and has been sleeping with me or on the floor in my room for a year it dont bother me just wondered before that she was in a basinet or crib but she gets sick alot so she wants me. just wondered
    troubledkat911

Answer by troubledkat911 at 1:19 PM on May. 25, 2010

• We stopped at 3, but it was a good time for us to stop. He's 5 now and would love to still be in there with us, but I got tired of all the pokes in the gut with his cute but pointy elbow.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:20 PM on May. 25, 2010

• We JUST stopped Co-sleeping a week ago, and our son is 20 months old, but his bed is in our room.
    But if it was up to me, he would still be in our bed /=
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 1:23 PM on May. 25, 2010

• It depends on the child and the situation. My kids were 2 - 5.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:37 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I had my own room and slept with my grandmother til i was 17 years old... most nights. 3 of my 4 children are teens 13-17 and on occassion 1 of them will still try to sleep w/me. until my husband kicks them out. close relationships call for the ocassional snuggle, i believe. introduce them to their own space but if your not loosing any sleep don't force the issue. relish in those moments they go by so fast.
    MomInc

Answer by MomInc at 2:49 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My kids slept in their own cribs in their own rooms from the first night we were home from the hospital.

Answer by missanc at 4:28 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Once they hit 3yrs I'm ready to be able to role over in bed again ;o)
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 5:03 PM on May. 25, 2010

• We started making our son sleep in his own bed a few weeks before he turned 3. But he will occasionally crawl into bed w/ us still, and we just let him sleep it out usually (at 3 in the morning, I don't want to get out of bed unless I have to pee). Sometimes I just want to hold him, so I will bring him into bed w/ us for a little bit.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:07 PM on May. 25, 2010