Has anyone else seen this? Mosque at Ground Zero

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/17/muslims-nyc-planning-build-second-smaller-mosque-near-ground-zero/

IDK about you but this sincerely worries me.... they visit these before attacking!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. The good thing is it isn't a done deal yet. The bad thing is I don't trust New York to not roll over on this. We need to cal our representatives but it is really up to those in New York. They need to protest and make it known that they don't think this is right. The rest of us need to show our shock and dismay that this would be allowed. It's disgusting.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:30 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My husband was reading the article to me the other day.  After he read the propaganda from the Muslim spokesperson I said "Bullshit!  It's a deliberate antagonistic move meant purely for insult!" 

My husband and I are both British and now living in Canada and we both sincerely hope that these plans are not permitted to proceed. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:38 PM on May. 25, 2010

• i'm not going to bother to read the link... first of all it's FOX news - enough said. second, not all muslims agree with the bombing - not even a majority, not even a significant percentage. radical militant muslims - they are a problem. just like radical militant christians, who are much more abundant and problematic in this country.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:23 PM on May. 25, 2010

• So, how is prejudice working out for you? Muslim's that went to work that day, boarded planes, two children all died in the attack and were citizens of the US. I am pretty happy their families have a place to mourn them.

http://crosswordbebop.blogspot.com/2007/11/how-many-muslims-died-in-911-attacks.html
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:57 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Yes, it's a big middle finger. The people who want the Cordoba one opened are in direct relation to RADICAL Muslims. I hope NYC doesn't let this happen. Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf the one opening Cordoba house has said the West has to understand the terrorists' point of view and it was Christians who started mass attacks on civilians. But Figaro go ahead and ignore it all because FOX news is BAD whoa oooooo!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:00 PM on May. 25, 2010

i hope they are also building a church from every religion there then too.

it seems insensitve at best
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:19 PM on May. 25, 2010

• i hope they are also building a church from every religion there then too. it seems insensitve at best

Well, I hope they petitioned. Otherwise they have no one to blame but themselves, however St. Pats is right down the road. And why is it insensitive? Is it a Taliban/Al Queda camp? That would be insensitive. A Mosque is a religious house of worship and the second largest organized religion in the country. The Mormons are pretty normal but have a fundamentalist faction that abuses children, and we haven't tossed the Mormon House of Worship out of town yet.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:32 PM on May. 25, 2010

• It sends a message to muslims over seas, look we took out the great satin and now were building a  mosque were there buildings once stood.

It should not be allowed.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:37 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Its 2 blocks away! Its not ON Ground Zero, it is 2 BLOCKS AWAY!!! I am HAPPY they are building the mosque! It will provide much needed services and education for the community that is a PART of NY. Ladies your bigot flags are sure waving today sheesh! Get over it! The mosque isn't a personal attack against anyone! A mosque is a place of worship, community, education, a place where the poor of ANY religion can come for food and finincial support, a mosque is a place of peace. How is THAT an insult to anyone! This mosque says to those total nut jobs who are trying to twist Islam into something it isn't that we the Muslim American community is not going anywhere and that we are a part of this country.
    NCMommy2be

Answer by NCMommy2be at 5:33 PM on May. 25, 2010

• NC, too bad the people opening it are connected to radical Islam. Thats the point. Feisal Abdul Rauf wrote of his fondness for Sharia Law and his belief that the U.S. can accommodate it in his 2004 book "What Is Right With Islam". He said and I quote "the American political structure is Sharia compliant, For America to score even higher on the 'Islamic' or 'Sharia' compliance scale, America would need to do two things: invite the voices of all religions to join the dialogue in shaping the nation's practical life, and allow religious communities more leeway to judge among themselves according to their own laws."

So Muslims should have their own courts in which to stone women. Jews their own courts, Christians their own courts. Yeah sounds like a real winner!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 6:11 PM on May. 25, 2010