Help! Out of baby formula AND money!!

My baby ran out of formula this morning....all we have to last until tomorrow is canned evaporated milk. Would it be okay to give him this? He's 8 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't even worry about a substitute. Just give him a little more solid foods and water. Or juice, if you like. I doubt he'll be hurt by not having formula for one day.

makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 2:00 PM on May. 25, 2010

• NO! Contact your doctor and get some formula samples. Then go see human services to get on WIC or assistance.
    Anonymous

• I agree, call your ped or a local food bank
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:25 PM on May. 25, 2010

• No evaporated milk is not the same as formula. Please call your child's peds office and ask if they have any samples, I am sure they do. Or call the local food banks and see if they have any formula.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:25 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Go to the food bank!!!! It would not kill him but he would not be getting adequate nutrition. My grandma fed all of my aunts and uncles evaporated milk instead of formula but admits it was not a good choice.
    Why are you not on wic or something?
    Anonymous

• Call ur doctor or local wic office. If they cant get u any formula they will tell you where you can get it or what to do.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:26 PM on May. 25, 2010

• No. He probably won't drink it anyway because it tastes horrible. Go ask a neighbor if you can borrow a few bucks. Start digging through every pocket you have, under every bit of furniture and in your car for spare change. Sell something you don't need. Pawn some extra jewelry or electronics until tomorrow.
    Anonymous

• Call you're ped and call WIC! No evaporated milk.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:27 PM on May. 25, 2010

• You can't tell me you didn't know sooner that you were out of formula... A parent's responsibility to your child first!! Its grow up time, if you have a child, be an adult. If you are broke, then find a way to take care of your child.
    Anonymous

• Go to your local food bank and ask for what you need right now. Anyone can qualify at the food bank.I went there when my ex went to jail. I had no money for about a month and the food bank helped me out. Didnt have to show them proof of income either. But, you can only on certain days between certain times. Bring a cardboard box with to bring things home in, ours did not provide bags of any kind. good luck :)
    Anonymous