anybody get all 4 wisdom teeth taken out.

i wanna know about the experience how you feel after wards and what you can eat and how long it takes to recover and what its just gonna be like in general. im getting mine taken out tommorrow and im scared.

AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2

Asked by AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2 at 2:10 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Health

• I got all 4 pulled out at once. My 2 month old son was also in the hospital for 2 weeks at the time with rsv. So after I had them out I had to go back to the hospital with him. I really didnt pay attention to my pain because my baby was so sick. All you can really eat is soups
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 2:13 PM on May. 25, 2010

• It took about a week for me to eat solid foods again. They had to cut each of mine in half to extract them because I have a small mouth (my SO didn't believe them, LOL) I was on pain meds for about 5 days then quit taking them since they made me sleepy. Don't suck on anything or you will get dry sockets and don't smoke. Keep the ice packs on your jaw as often as you can to keep the swelling down. I slept with mine on.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:14 PM on May. 25, 2010

• you'll be glad you did just follow the dentist instructions and all be turn out just fine.
    when I had mine pulled out all 4 came out all at once some how I had too many teeth back there...lol At the time I had a jaw popping problem like my jaws were not aligned but after that I feel normal ;)
    just take some Advil or Ibuprofen and go and relax and let them do their job just try to relax it will soon be over with. I closed my eyes and talked to God oppose to closing my eyes and wondered what the heck they were doing. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:16 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I had mine out when I was 16, all four! They put me out, I woke up and was a little sore but still on pain meds! As far as eating, I ate 6 cupcakes an hour after I woke up, lots of popsicles and slushys... My stiches disolve a couple weeks later but I was eating whatever I wanted by the 6th day, just being careful not to push food to the area! Cheeks did swell a little but I kept ice on themhen I was able to!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:17 PM on May. 25, 2010

• just do everything they tell you... IE no straws, smoking, etc. And if after 48 hours the pain is not almost entirely gone ... you likely have a dry socket and need to haul ass back to the dental clinic
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:18 PM on May. 25, 2010

• ugh. I will spare you the details of my wisdom tooth horror story otherwise you may not go to the dentist tomorrow.
    Good Luck...and yes..lesten to pp don't use straws,smoking and all that and listen to your dentists intructions.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:25 PM on May. 25, 2010

• yeah and awake also. I was so silly and started crying because I was scared..I was 19 lol.Then I started laughing because it didnt hurt at all.I must have looked like I was crazy lol.My mom will never let me live it down lol.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:28 PM on May. 25, 2010

• i had mine out about 20 years ago. none of them were impacted. i was eating solids the next day. i had to take a nap when i got home. i never even took so much as a tylenol for the pain. other than needing a nap when it was over, there was no difference between the wisdom teeth being pulled and having a cavity filled.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:43 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I had them all taken out when I was 23. They put me to sleep and when I woke up it was done. No big deal. you'll be a little out of it so you need to have someone there with you to drive. One was impacted so the Dentist has to cut the bone a bit. They gave me something with codeine in it for pain. I took one when I got home, got incredibly nauseous, crawled to the toilet & threw up. After that I just took Advil for a few days & I was fine. But even now when it is going to rain, I feel it in my jaw. You'll be fine.

Anonymous

• Yep - they cut mine out. If I had waited for them to actually come in it would have messed up all my other teeth that my parents had spent thousands correcting with braces. Found out at that time that I am allergic to codeine and it causes major nausea and vomiting - they had to give me something to knock me out for the next 24 hours so I would stop. So I don't remember a whole lot, except it took about a week for me to be able to eat regular food. I ate a lot of mashed potatoes and milkshakes!

Answer by missanc at 4:38 PM on May. 25, 2010