When you were a kid did you like eating at your friends house more than you did at home?

I was just looking in my cabinets to grab something quick to make myself for lunch and for some reason it popped into my head that when I was a kid, I used to love going to my friends house. We would raid her kitchen and she'd have the best stuff in there that I loved to eat but we never had, like chef boyardee raviolis,lol. I remember how she always thought they had nothing to eat and I was like, what are you talking about! Look at all those cans of goodness in your shelves,lol. Everythign we had to eat, took forever and a day to cook because the ONLY convienience food that we had was a box of cereal, lol.

Funny to remember things like that,lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LMAO, yes. I was on a strict nasty diet. I was about 8 or 9 when the original slim fast shakes came out and I promise you they were not smooth and flavored back then. lunch was skim milk cheese, flavorless boiled chicken, celery sticks, OMG so nasty. My Mom was on a huge crash diet every few weeks and I had to suffer along. I never had pop, fast food, etc til I was 15 or 16 and had a job and my own money.

Friend had colorful cereals and crunchy snacks.... it was shocking and exciting
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:44 PM on May. 25, 2010

• One of my friends had the schwann truck come by her house..they always had good food!

My dd wont eat tacos unless her friend somes over cause her friend loves tacos at our house!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:41 PM on May. 25, 2010

• *comes
    ria7

• Just loved being at my friends house! Even the pop-tarts tasted different!
    Anonymous

• Yes. My friend lived near the school, and we went to her house for lunch a lot. Many times she'd eat what I brought and I'd eat what her mom had left for her!
    Anonymous

• I agree with PP, everything tasted better at a friends house...probably because it was in a totally different atmoshpere.
    MarrsBar211989

Answer by MarrsBar211989 at 2:48 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Not really but I do remember not seeing or experiencing a Twinkie until I met my friend across the street at 8 yrs old. My mom never bought those types of snacks.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:48 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Actually no, I thought my mom was the best cook, I was leary of other peoples food unless it was general stuff like burgers and dogs etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:06 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Oh, gosh, no! My mom is an AMAZING cook! Everything she makes somehow comes out tasting like Heaven. lol. I LOVE my mom's food and my family still goes over there at least once a week to eat dinner with her. After I had DS I got really sick and could not eat ANYTHING. DH went to every restaurant and got all my favorite things, and I couldn't eat it. They wouldn't release me from the hospital until I ate something. So my mom went home and made me meat loaf, man n cheese, boiled potatoes and corn bread and I ate until they took the plate away and wouldn't let me eat anymore. lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:00 PM on May. 25, 2010