How often does your husband compliment you?

My husband NEVER says anything nice to me!!! I buy new clothes and ask how they look.. He says fine. Never calls me pretty, beautiful, sexy.. NOTHING! I even have started losing weight and he said.. Well I haven't noticed yet but when I do... Congrats!! When we dated, he wasn't overly romantic or anything but it was a million times better than this. I'm sick of it. My self esteem is getting lower and lower because I'm starting to wonder if I'm ugly.... :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Everyday of course!!!
    MarrsBar211989

Answer by MarrsBar211989 at 2:44 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Well, the best thing you can do is bring it to his attention! Let him know how you feel. It will keep you from crashing at rock bottom with your esteem. He will realize you're serious, and that it is important to you to know he approves.

Once in a while, DH will answer the phone, "Hello, beautiful!"

I just wanted to brag a little, not to bring you down, but to encourage you to do as I did. Now that I'm pregnant again, I need the reassurance that I am NOT the whale I see in the mirror despite not gaining weight yet... I will say something like, "You haven't told me I'm pretty for a while!" and it reminds him that I need the reassurance. After bringing it up, I get a bunch of cuddles, and kisses on the head, shoulders, and hands.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:50 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Pretty much never. I lost 80 pounds over the the last year and he never said a word. If I directly ask how I look he'll say something nice but he never just randomly compliments me. I mean sometimes he'll say something crude about me having a nice chest or what not but that doesn't count. My ex used to make me feel like a princess. Telling me how beautiful I was, great smile, smart, etc. My husband says nothing. I know he loves me but I would love to hear some positive things once in awhile. I have brought up the subject numerous time and I compliment him but he still can't get it together to compliment me.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:52 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Every time he looks at me lol. I am lucky to have a very loving hubby!!! He embarrasses me sometimes with as much as he compliments me... lol
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:56 PM on May. 25, 2010

• daily, but sometimes I don't believe him.....
    soldierluvr0407

Answer by soldierluvr0407 at 2:56 PM on May. 25, 2010

• It starts since I open my eyes in the morning until I go to sleep at night, he is constantly praising me on how lucky he is to have the best good looking wife among his friends, always notices something new, compliments me on my 61 year old body and how well I look, and how sexy I am. But not every man is the same, some have a hard time expressing their thoughts or feelings, I just got lucky with an expressive one.

Answer by older at 2:58 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Every day.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:03 PM on May. 25, 2010

• GIRL DONT GET YOUR SELF DOWN MY HUSBAND DOS ME THE SAME WAY ! I USE TO THANK LIKE U BUT I STARTED TO GET ME NEW CLOSE AND OTHER STUFF TO MAKE MY SELF HAPPY , I LOOK AT MY SELF AND I WOULD TELL MY SELF IM PRITTY AND AND I LIKE MY SELF AND NOBODY CANT TELL ME DIFF- ! SO TELL YOUR SELF IM PRITTY AND IM CUTE AND NOBODY SNT GOING TO TELL ME DIFF- AND TELL YOUR SELF IF NOBODY LIKE THE WAY I LOOK THEY CAN KISS MY BOOTY ! ! THE WAY I SEE IT YOUR PRITTY AND LOVEING AND SWEET AND FUNNY TO ME ! LOVE U SWEETY , JUST KEEP TELLING YOUR SELF WHAT I SAID ! I BEEN MARRIED FOR 16 YEARS AND HAVE 2 KIDS AND MY HUSBAND THE SAME WAY ! GOOD LUCK !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 3:21 PM on May. 25, 2010

• maybe he doesn't want you to get a big head but he better hurry up bc if you keep doing what you are doing another man will compliment you and he'll be pissed...lol Or stop asking him just tell him some guy complimented you on something (even though you will be lying I bet he'd pay attention then)...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:22 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My husband never gives me compliments he. Use to
    whipdanny25

Answer by whipdanny25 at 7:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2014