Have you ever felt like your husband was NOT the man you are meant to be with?

I love my husband and if something ever happened to him, I don't know what I would do. BUT I don't think we are meant for each other. We argue alot more than I feel like most couples do. Most of the spark is completely gone. We only have sex once a month, if that and we don't have any kids at home. ( I have stepchildren) We are getting to be more like roomates than husband and wife. I do love him but sometimes I wonder if we are meant to be or what is going on here. Anyone ever been through that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I have never had any doubt in my mind and heart that the man I chose was the right one for me and that we were meant to be together. I do think you do need some time to reconnect or maybe some counseling to get that spark going once again, remember where there was once fire, there is still smoke.

Answer by older at 2:53 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Kinda....alot of it goes on my hormone changes....relationships take work!! Both of you have to be willing to put in effort to make it last. Maybe you guys need a vacation...get away and talk and take it back to when things were good. Sounds like you guys have just gotten comfortable!! If you love him, focus and try...but dont be the only one trying, you deserve more than that! If you guys are arguing over the same things over and over again you should try to get help...Good luck hun!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:58 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I think if you want it to be meant to be then it is, it just takes work. Most of the couples that have been together for 50+ years have had their times in their lives where their spouses werent the one they wanted. It happens in every marriage. If he is a great guy, and a great man, he is worth staying with and making it work. Try to do things to spice it up, what do you two fight about? There are a lot of things you can do to bring back that spice, but being comfortable together isnt the worst thing it the world, its actually quite nice.
    Anonymous

• DH and I have been together for 19 years and yes there were a few times I thought that. It didn't have anything to do with him tho, it was the situations that put a temporary wedge between us. I agree, you two need to reconnect.. A good relationship is work sometimes and other times it is easy. I think when it is hard, that is when we doubt the most.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:24 PM on May. 25, 2010

• heh heh...I made up a group for that! it's called My Dh is such a jerk...but I love him!
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 3:35 PM on May. 25, 2010

• every day
    Anonymous

• Off and on for the past whenever. I think. I married him for security in my life mainly. When I was so badly hurt and Betrayed by my ex husband. Thing is I truly saw a life with him. There was passion, there was a connection, and on top of everything I did feel safe. But I don't anymore. Things happened really fast. We have our 3 yr wedding anniversary coming up this August, and we have a beautiful 2 yr old son. But I know my discontent is from the fact that he is not who I truly thought he was. people change and grow as we should, but he... I don't know, there was always something in my gut telling me not to take it there with him, as great as he was. I have always been one to listen to my gut, and never was wrong until my ex, so I thought it was just me being afraid ya know? Now I know in my heart of hearts, I made a mistake. And the jacked up thing is now I have another person to think about (our son). Can't just leave.
    Anonymous