Do you think its ok to lie on your resume?

I have never done it but I know plenty of people who have and never got caught. I was wondering what are your oppinions on lieing on your resume. I thinks its unfair but I love my coworkers so I would never judge them. Not all them lied of course but a few have to get the job.what do you think about lieing on your resume?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm in HR so I'm going to go with, HELL NO. Even the smallest white lie is grounds for termination if found out after the fact, no matter what you tell yourself. We do a very in depth pre-screening so we find out a lot of the lies even prior to the hire, which just gives you a bad name and no shot at ever getting hired here.

There are minimum qualifications of a job for a reason, if you don't meet them that means you are not qualified to do that job and you will fail.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on May. 26, 2010

• I know a lot of people stretch the truth, probably to the extent is not even accurate anymore... But, that is really what the resume is about. Make yourself sound like the best version of yourself possible.
    Anonymous

• It's an invitation to be fired. Don't do it.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:54 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My brother bends the truth, nothing that would cause him to lose the job!!! I dont care what others do, mostly because i believe in Karma...its coming back to you! I havent lied on mine...my typing speed may be different than what i list..but..oh well...It does get frustrating when people get hired who you were more qualified than.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:54 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Never.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:23 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Never appropriate. Sometimes considered theft, by obtaining a paycheck through falsehood and some employers are now prosecuting for the losses. Not a joke anymore
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:16 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Nope, never. It will catch up to you 1 day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on May. 26, 2010

• good question. no its not right. because then you would be backing yourself against the wall if they ever tried to varify your skills.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:41 AM on May. 26, 2010

• Not lie... But, S-t-r-e-t-c-h... Because MAYBE you REALLY need a job !!!
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 10:50 AM on May. 26, 2010