Do you have fond memories of your mother when you were little? What are some of them? What memories do you think your own children will never forget as they grow older and look back on when they were kids?

I wish I could say I had fond memories of my mother.
She had me when she was relly young and I was mostly raised by my grandmother. I have no memory of my mother ever saying "i love you" to me. I don't remember her hugging me or saying anythign nice. She was quiet and I was afraid of her.She wasn't abusive to me or anything, she just never seemed to want to be bothered with me or something and my biggest fear is that is the way my children will grow up to rememeber me as anytime I say I'm too busy or not right now. I'm afraid I'll end up being like her, even though I consciencelly try NOT to every day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i only have one good memory of my mother. she was always working two or more jobs. we never saw her, and when we did, she was always too busy to spend time with us. she wasn't mean, just withdrawn. but one rainy summer afternoon, she was home for some reason. she was starting the dishes while my sister and i were clearing the table. suddenly she turned and said "catch me if you can!" and ran out the door into the rain. we played tag knee deep in mud till the sun went down. it was the 1st and only moment i can remember feeling like my mother loved me. now, every time it rains on a warm day, i think of her, drop whatever i'm doing, and head outside with the kids.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 3:48 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I am sorry you lack fond memories of your mom, that should be your clue to create good ones for your kids. My mom was never and still is not very expressive with her words but rather with her actions, she showed me tenderness and unconditional love and respect which is what I wish my kids remember of me.

Answer by older at 3:02 PM on May. 25, 2010

• im sorry to hear that :(
    i have really fond memories with my mom. (her & my dad were divorced). we co-slept on and off until i was 11. we used to stratch eachothers backs & play with eachothers hair. watch i love lucy together. she would take me to the jersey shore. we'd go out and eat together. she always threw me great birthday partys, one time she rented two hotel rooms for me and all my friends when i was 11 and we all had a sleep over, went swimming in the pool & jacuzzi. i remember one time we were laying in bed together, it was like 8 pm over the summer, i was like 8 or 9 and we heard loud music comming from somewhere and shes like "lets go find where that music is comming from!" so we go and we follow the music to the apt complex behind us and theres this big bbq party going on with familys and there kids, and there like hey come in! so we go in and dance & eat. it was great. my mom was 25 when she had me so
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:05 PM on May. 25, 2010

• MY MOM BEAT THE HELL OUT OF ME !
    Anonymous

• she was pretty young too so we did alot of fun things together.
    i hope to have the same kind of bond with my kids. i want to be there best friend. i want them to trust me. i want to show them the world. i want to make them happy, and buy them things, and take them on vacations, and just make life really enjoyable for them.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:06 PM on May. 25, 2010

• i don't have too many fond memories when i was little. her and my dad argued and fought alot. we moved around alot from them separating and getting back together. she didn't no how to deal with things, like i got belt whippings untill i was 16. fond memories didnt start happening untill i left when i was 17. a couple years after she realized i wasn't a child and we have become closer and talk about everything now. she had me when she was 17.
    brenda06

Answer by brenda06 at 3:20 PM on May. 25, 2010

• If you make the choice not to be like your mother you won't. Hug and kiss them everyday, tell them you love them, play with them, and enjoy their company as they enjoy yours. Telling them once in a while "I can't right now" (and other phrases of that nature) will not scar them or turn them away from you. You are busy at times and cannot play with them and they understand that. Just as long as you're not doing it every single day and every single time they ask. Make time for them and they'll love you for it.

I personally have great memories of my mom. She and I are really close. We tell each other just about everything, make plans together, go on trips together, etc. My best memories are from when I was home schooled. We even made up our own language together. We had/have a lot of fun!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:39 PM on May. 25, 2010

• i have memories of my drug abusing mother, not too fond of them though. i hope my child can remember the simple things like me kissing his forehead and telling him i love him and i miss him when he's away. i hope he remembers going to play where i grew up with my aunt and uncle and "being free" out there. i do have fond memories of my aunt and uncle for the most part and i had a good childhood.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:41 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My mom was a SAHM... But I dont remember much of it. She cleaned alot. worked in the yard alot. I was always given money to go have fun with friends when i was older.. Except maybe over shopping & that was "clothes only" talk really.. Hard work, giving me what i wanted was my parents way of showing love.
    I hope me & DH are 10x closer to our kids.. We love doing family stuff. Family games, zoo, park, biking, cuddling. almost everything we do has our family in mind.. (even occasional mom/dad only dates are important to family! Mom & Daddy happy makes a happier family! ;) lol ) I hope me & dd are close. I could never share stuff with my mom. Id love to be able to have that deep relationship with my kids.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:51 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I have the fondest memories of my mom.Besides being understanding and affectionate,she did things which I loved as I child and have learned to appreciate as a mom myself.I remember how she'd make funny faces and doodles on my paper lunch bag or napkins so I'd laugh while eating.She encouraged me to do the things I liked and gave me enough freedom to learn new things through fun and games.I loved her story-telling time.She literally enacted every single character using funny voices and making hilarious sound effects.She still does all these things and more with my daughters.She could have been an actress on Broadway with all that talent.And to think she raised 5 children on her own in a foreign country with my dad working long hours and no help makes me wonder if I'll ever have half the vitality and passion she has.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 4:42 PM on May. 25, 2010