• In the Spotlight:

i just want to break down and cry!

It seems like my boyfriend can't understand why iam sad. I try to explain to him but either he doesn't care or he thinks its my fault So the problem is that I have no friends. Iam a stay at home mommy abef I hardly ever get out of the house. He has lots of friends he hangs out with them all the time. I don't mind that he does I just get upset because I never get to go do anything. He doesn't understand because he has a life outside the house. The most I get to do is go to the store and the doctor for our sons check ups. Mabey to the park once in awile. We do go out sometimes when baby is with grandma but that's not enouf. I need friends too! I just wanna cry its getting to much for me being stuck at home with no friends to talk to or even go visit. Can anyone give me any ideas to get through this? I live in moscow idaho any moms that live near me want to have a play date or something. I really can't take it any more.

lilred420

Asked by lilred420 at 3:07 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• (grabs your hand) hey mama! its ok to be mad about this. your man says you are wrong because he likes the freedom!
    youm have a right to be a mother and a free woman. tell SO that he needs to step up and be a parent too. take care, and no its not just you~!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:13 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I have been there, you are not alone. My dh acts the same way as yours. They dont really get it, but you know what you cant rely on him to make it better. I think you need to find a moms group. Those were a life savor for me (unfortunatly we moved away from where mine was) check out meetup.com, or raisingthem.com they have different groups for different areas. Good luck, do something to make yourself happy, dont take it out on the SO or it will just get worse.
    Anonymous

• Tell him he needs to stay home one night a week with the baby so YOU can go have mommy time. Even if it's not with friends, I guarantee you if you start going out and doing something YOU like once a week, just for you, then you will feel better and you will probably start to meet new friends who have the same interests you do. If I was there, I'd have playdates! My friends and I used to get together even with the kids for days out to the zoo, shopping trips, park dates, etc. Now they have all moved away (military) and I'm hoping we get to move soon so I'm not sure about making new friends lol. But yes I understand how you feel and why you feel that way.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:19 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Join meetup.com or mom's club or any other mom's group in your area. See if there is a playgroup, go to the library for story time or just try to do anything. Good luck!
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 3:19 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I did get really lucky and married a guy who understands that moms need time for themselves, and he does stay home with the kids when he can, it's just difficult sometimes going out and doing things alone! Easier with friends :)
    AprilDJC

• Find mom's in your area. Either from Cafe Mom, or from mommy and me groups around your area.
    You can solve your own problem. Not a lot of men understand that. Mine sure didn't, though he sympathized with me none the less. It's up to you to solve your own problem though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:30 PM on May. 25, 2010

• my hubby does the same thing! he believes that it is easier being a SAHM than going to work all day! and he goes with his friends a lot and it causes fights between us cause i hardly ever go anywhere once and a while i will go see my neighbor (his mom), or my bestie who has kids as well so we have playdates... i cud use more as well but i don't live in idaho sorry! wish i could help more... sometimes just taking a walk in the evening alone to clear ur head helps! some times it seems as if men only want to be part time dads don't it?
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 4:26 PM on May. 25, 2010

• i feel the same way. My bff (a girl)he hates because we had fooled around in our younger days, my other is dating his cousin and when she does stop by for more than three minutes they are having sex and then she leaves and my other friend is his sister! i loove her but i cant talk to her because she doesnt understand me! i cry over it when i ahve something amazing to talk about and i have NO ONE to call! No one. My older sister but she has a new infant and is busy with her two kids. Sometimes i call my younger brother's babie's mother and she is great but she is still in highschool and can only hang out once her homework is done. . . and he doesnt understand either!
    Anonymous