OH NO! My baby girl fell out of her crib!!!

She was napping upstairs and I heard a loud "WHUMP", I ran upstairs and then heard her crying. She was flat on her back on the floor with her head towards the crib. So I'm wondering if she did like a back flip out of it or something?
I was so scared!!! My poor baby! She could have broken her back! Or her neck! Or her arm or leg!!
She's 15 months. The mattress is all the way on the lowest level.
:(
She's never tried to climb out before!

She cried for about 10 minutes but she seems okay now. Thank goodness!
Do you think its time for a toddler bed? What else can I do other than that!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i'm sorry OP! you must have been so scared for her! If she has calmed down and seems like herself again, I wouldnt worry. I wouldnt say it's too soon for a toddler bed. Don't let the "toddler" in toddler bed fool you. It's a readiness thing more than an age thing. My son transitioned when he was 19 months old. He wasn't a climber, but he didnt like the confinement of the rails anymore. He was all about it and did just fine!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:04 PM on May. 25, 2010

• TIme for a toddler bed
    Anonymous

• Get a toddler bed. There's only one way that she got out of the crib unless you have a ghost.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:25 PM on May. 25, 2010

• if she can get (or fall) out it is time for a crib tent or a big bed
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:26 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Unless she is projectile vomiting, there's no reason to call a doc for concussion as they will only put her in observation. She may have some bruises and a headache but unless she is favoring one of her extremities or back, I wouldn't worry too much.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:26 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Toddler bed, asap. I'm sure she's fine, but to avoid it happening again she needs to get out of that crib.
    Anonymous

• U SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON HER !
    Anonymous

• Sounds like its time for a toddler bed for your little one. I wouldn't put her back in her crib. My youngest started climbing out at 11.5 months, we put him straight in a toddler bed.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 3:31 PM on May. 25, 2010

Get a life!!!! You know full good and well you didn't sit by your kids bed while they napped!!! These things happen...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 3:32 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Oh good grief anon 29, do you watch your children every second of every day? NOT, these things do happen. OP, yes it is time for a toddler bed.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:34 PM on May. 25, 2010