Dealing with rash (chafing) due to extra weight?

I'm overweight, something I'm working on, I go to the gym routinely, eat reasonably healthy, and have even consulted the doctor regarding my weight and over all health. In the meantime I have to deal with issues that come with the weight such as chafing of the inner thighs. (The extra weight cause my upper inner thighs to rub against each other while walking)

It's over 90 here today. No AC (it broke). I'm wearing a nice breezy cotton sun dress, but my inner thighs are burning due to the chafing. We will not be able to fix our AC this summer, so I need tips on how to deal with this? Of course I know loose the weight, I'm working on that, but the weight will not come off over night, so I need tips on how to deal with this in the mean time?

Of course I could talk to the doctor about this too, but this seems to be one of those things that can be dealt without consulting a doctor. Thanks for your suggestions.

SAHMinIL2

Asked by SAHMinIL2 at 3:35 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• well, from experience i will tell you that dresses are not gonna be your friend lol. shorts will be better and put powder on..... that will help alot too. gl..... i know it sucks but it will give you inspirtation to stick to your diet and reach your goals (well it did me anyway lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:01 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Wear close fitting shorts under dresses. Powder will relieve it, but it will wear off quickly.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:38 PM on May. 25, 2010

• They make a powder for chafing called Monkey Butt. My SO uses it a lot for bicycling
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:40 PM on May. 25, 2010

• AVON has a product in there personal care section for women's chaffing. I don't remember the name, but I do remember that it is very inexpensive and long lasting. It's usually in the same part of the catalog as the Skin So Soft and the shaving products.
    Mrswilliams07

Answer by Mrswilliams07 at 8:21 PM on May. 25, 2010

• There's a product called Body Glide made specifically for chafing. There are other products that do the same thing. I buy mine at my local running store, but I've seen it or other similar products at sporting good stores.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:19 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Monistat makes a powdery lotion too. You just rub a little on your thighs and it helps a great deal.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:53 AM on May. 26, 2010