When did God become a sports fan? (fun discussion not a debate)

I will admit i have prayed before a big game

Quote from the article
Thanking God from the winner's circle has become so common that one British newspaper published a letter to the editor entitled: "Leave me out of your petty games --Love, God."

gbaby01

Asked by gbaby01 at 3:36 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• gbaby01

Answer by gbaby01 at 3:37 PM on May. 25, 2010

• LOL, thats true.
    Ive always noticed that those who win are all about praising God(be it games or academy awards,etc) but if they lose you never hear how thankful they are for him in their lives.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:51 PM on May. 25, 2010

• mmmm not true lol i have prayed for the strength to learn and be a good sport. hehe I need more prayers after losing than i do winning lol
    gbaby01

Answer by gbaby01 at 4:01 PM on May. 25, 2010

• lol I like your question. Who do you think would win?: the LA angels or the Tampa Bay devils??? lol My hubby watches UFC and the winner always thank God....for what, knocking another guy out and almost killing him? lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:08 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I went to UNC. We all know God is a Tar Heel. That's why the sky is Carolina Blue and our rivals' (Dook) mascot is the Devil.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:39 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Didnt KU tar the heels a few years ago? LOL God went on vaca? j/k
    Anonymous

• Funny that the players would pray to the God of Abraham (presumably?) before sports games that were originally held in honor of pagan deities. Just funny.
    Anonymous

• RUT ROH!! I'm a Christian eating a pizza..I guess the pagans did that first, too!
    Anonymous

• I still want to know why God is responsible for the touchdowns and never the fumbles...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:20 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Answered at 7:52 PM on May. 25, 2010 by: Anonymous RUT ROH!! I'm a Christian eating a pizza..I guess the pagans did that first, too!

rolling on floor

they drank water too and then those Christians came along

Anonymous