Have you ever made your bed with 3 sheets?

I was always under the impression that you are just meant to use a fitted and a flat sheet.
We were at a hotel Friday night and the bed was made with a fitted, flat, blanket, then another flat sheet on top of the blanket, then the bedspread. I've never seen that before...or maybe just never noticed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Travel

• It is their way of protecting the blanket.

Answer by louise2 at 3:57 PM on May. 25, 2010

• That's weird. I've never seen that in any hotel I've been in.
    Anonymous

• I've seen that done. It protects the blanket from the sweat and oils around the face of the person sleeping in the bed.
    What is creepy though...what if a person pulls the sheet away from the blanket?
    You sleep with it next and it hasn't been cleaned in between.

Ewww...
    Anonymous

• can't say I ever saw that done before, at any hotel I stayed at. but who knows maybe some hotels do that. but surely not the ones I stayed at.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:33 AM on May. 26, 2010

• The funny thing is, there were all these signs in the bathroom about conserving water by using less towels...and they use more sheets, that certainly isn't conserving water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on May. 26, 2010

• lol- It is not to "protect" the blanket, but to protect YOU!! form the Blanket. Those are not washed after every guest, but the sheets are. consider it more hygenic. I prefer it in a hotel. Those bed spreads are NASTY!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:15 AM on May. 28, 2010