Why is it?

That a lot of the ladies in this site feel some sort of resentment towards their moms? There was a question today that got me thinking, am I the only one that feels that my mom lives and is close to me spiritually and physically a blessing??? The question asked how close or far away do you live to your mother, and most of the answers were like not far enough, or too close for comfort, etc. Is this the way you wished your own kids will think of you when they grow up and have families of their own?

Asked by older at 4:04 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • older, for once we agree on something!! I think hell hath frozen over, LOL!! Anyway, I've always been close to my mom but I agree that when I became a mom myself, we got closer. I appreciated her more and all that she sacrificed.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:23 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I love my mother and have fears that I will not be as close to my own daughter as I am with my mom. I want my DD and I to have the same kind of relationship that I had when I was growing up and even now that I'm older.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:06 PM on May. 25, 2010

• well hon i'm glad you have a great connection with your mom, but a lot of us don't. my mom only lives a few miles away, but we only see her a few times a year. not my choice, she doesn't have time for us.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 4:07 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I love my mom and having her close is a big help sometimes BUT moms tend to be a little over bearing. ;0) I know I will be. They try to help and end up nit picking. It out of love but that makes it no easier to handle some days.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:08 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My mom lives 3 hours away from me and personally i am glad because she is such a bad influence! she was really abusive when i was a kid and is the same way to my bro that is why she don't have him he lives with my aunt! when i go see my family that lives in the same town as my mom i will not even tell her i am coming i don't want her around my son!
    Anonymous

• My mom moved 3000 miles away to be closer to my sister who had children at the time. I cant even begin to tell you how hard it was for me when I first had dd. I had my ex, but it wasnt the same as having my mom with me. I learned a lot of parenting from trial and error.
    Anonymous

• I love my mom dearly but her and I are to much alike that we butt heads if we are around each other to much. We've had a good relationship since she's gone to KY.
    snjbjac

Answer by snjbjac at 4:14 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My oldset daughter does not talk to me. She says she does not like the way I raised her. That I raised her badly. But my youngest DD is ok with how she was raised and we are close. Weird to me the differance. So I wounder to how my oldest DD will feel when her 2 boy grow up and their wifes hate their MIL (her) and will not let her see her DS and grandkids. Or her DS's will just not want to be around her.

Answer by louise2 at 4:16 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My mom and I live in two different states and I miss her daily. I'm sad she is not getting to see her grandchildren on a regular basis, I'm upset that I am missing out on time with her, that she could use help with a lot of things going on that stress her and I feel terrible that she has helped us so much and I can't do much at all for her where I am. That said, many people don't have a good relationship with their mother for one reason or another. I don't think a blanket statement about women not appreciating their mother applies. Family relationships are very complicated and unless you are in one, you don't know what is going on.
    Anonymous

• I am very close to my mom--emotionally and physically. She lives 13 houses away. We will be moving in about a month and I will be farther away from her than I have ever been and it is very hard for both of us. She understands that I will come and visit just not as often and spontaneous as it has been over the last few years. I want that same relationship that we have with my daughter and any other children that I may have.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:21 PM on May. 25, 2010