My 7yr old first grader was threatened by his classmate sayin he was going to nshoot me in the head.....What should i expect the school do do? and if they do nothing..What do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on May. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• The principal and counselors need to be notified and there need to be some serious consequences and talking going on. That is really scary.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:24 PM on May. 25, 2010

• If the kid did the threating at school I would go talk to the Principal. If it was after school I would all the police.

Answer by louise2 at 4:27 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I would talk to the school and the kid parents as well
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:40 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Tell your son to stay away from the kid. This is a 7 year old.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:42 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I would talk to your child, get as much of the story as possible, since children that age tend to not tell everything or maybe exaggerate some things. Talk to any adult, teacher, etc that may have been around to witness any incidents that occurred and whether or not they were playing, fighting, etc. I would talk to the principal and let them know the situation and if it was not a misunderstanding or game of some sort, let them know you don't want your child near that child and probably speak to the school counselor.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:25 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Threatening to kill someone is a crime. A little girl I knew was suspended for saying "I'm gonna kill you". I'd talk to the principle and if you're not satisfied, talk to the police.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:01 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I had the friend of my teen DD threaten to chop off her head and mail it to me as a Christmas present. I went to the police..she was dumb enough to make the threat on myspace chat. The bigger question...WHO IS RAISING THESE KIDS????
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:58 PM on May. 26, 2010