FOR GOD/JESUS LOVERS ONLY...How would you teach your kids about God and our Lord Jesus Christ?

I love our lord with all my heart and I believe in him I am not a church goer but I believe in all that he does. I want my kids to have a closeness to him as well. but they have so many churches and religions. I am overwhelmed to pick one. How do you ladies do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on May. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Pray about it. Go and expirience the teachings of every individual church...it should coincide with what you read in the bible, should give you a good impression in your heart and you should pray to Heavenly Father for an answer as to where to go, or by what teachings you should teach your children.
    The best way to teach your children is to be an example to them. If you are a loving person who places Heavenly Father first so will they. If you show compassion to others, so will they. If you teach them to pray.....they will pray as well.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:41 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Talk to them about it yourself, get children's Bibles, look into sending them to AWANA (Wednesday nights - look it up online, you can do a search to find churches close that have it - and most don't need you to attend there regularly for you to have them go)
    Anonymous

• I church shopped lol
    I just tried diffrent churches and prayed until I found one I was comfortable with.
    Anonymous

• Talk about him and make him real to your kids..Start a regular conversation and take it from there...ask if they know anything about God,
    what do you know,
    did you know that he did this,
    how do you feel about that.
    he can also do.
    ..start off the conversation and just roll with it from there..hope it helps.
    nikki1012009

Answer by nikki1012009 at 11:55 PM on May. 25, 2010