Should I stay or should I go???

I have no children yet, DH and I have been TTC for 2 years with no success, so keep that in mind when answering this question. I currently live in arizona and am in school to be an RN, but the waiting list is so long that I won't graduate until either december 2014 or may 2015. Right now I'm visiting my mother in florida and I saw a commercial for a school that I can start in September and I will graduate in 16 months, in february 2012. The problem is that I would be separated from my husband the whole time and no we couldn't afford for him to come here with me. He has a wonderful job and can't find a job in florida. I'd go to school monday through friday all day so I wouldn't be able to leave here, but he could fly here about every 6 weeks. We have a very strong relationship and were separated for 3 years in the past and our relationship stood strong. My question is, do you think it's a good lifelong decision to do this?

flaggot13

Asked by flaggot13 at 4:48 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• Have you talked to him about this? If not, then I would run it by him first. Also, have you looked into other programs in your area? At the college I go to, there is also a long wait for the nursing program, but at another college 30-40 minutes down the road, it is easier to get in too. I am not saying that you shouldn't do it or you should do it, but I think it is really going to depend on what both you and your husband want. Talk with him.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:56 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Before considering that decision, you need to look into the school. There's no point in getting worked up about the rest if you can't afford the schooling itself. And see if there is a similar school closer to you. There are LOADS of private nursing schools out there.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:58 PM on May. 25, 2010

• yes I would do it as long as my husband understood. If you believe your relationship is strong enough then I would go for it. But make sure you are going to a school with good accreditation. I live in florida and I know that some of these school down here aren't worth shit and they put you in alot of debt. so do your homework
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 5:00 PM on May. 25, 2010

• he does think it's a good decision, i just want outside opinions. all of the schools in phoenix use the same waiting list, so no, there are no other options there. and thank you, I definitely plan on doing serious research on this school since it will be such a big decision
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 5:06 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I don't know.....I know from personal experience a vast distance ended my marriage....my husband...sorry EX husband, was lonely and started dating 20 year olds.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:01 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I've been married 23 years. I wouldn't do it. We would miss each other too much and I would feel guilty leaving him alone as I went to pursue my dreams and I would be so lonely without him. It just wouldn't be worth it (to me)
    Good luck with your decision!
    SierraNevadaMom

Answer by SierraNevadaMom at 11:47 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Check with area hospitals and make sure that the school you saw advertised offers degrees that will be acceptable. In fact, you should check with the Arizona licensing board and make sure that you will be qualified for the exam.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:19 AM on May. 26, 2010