Warm weather vacation

I've never taken a warm weather vacation and hubby and I are planning on taking one this winter, probably late Jan or Feb. We're really looking at Jamaica as our destination. Where have you been and would you recommend it? We're also open to the Domincan Republic or Mexico, but have no desire to go to Cuba. Opinions, recommendations, warnings?

canadianmom1974

Asked by canadianmom1974 at 4:56 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I recommend Puerto Rico! Stay just out of San Juan and take a day trip to Culebra. I would avoid Mexico like the plague right now.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 5:10 PM on May. 25, 2010

• stay away from mexico. I went to the Bahamas and had a blast I would recommend it. Its really beautiful and It has a great carnival parade around christmas. the food is great too.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:01 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I saw something on TV right before Spring Break about vacationing in Mexico. There's so much violence that the fancy beach-front hotels had armed guards posted right there along the sand/shore next to the hotel. You had a little strip of "safety" within that little area of sand, but just don't try talking a long romantic stroll along the shore........ Mexico used to be fun, but I wouldnt go there now even if it was a free vacation.
    SierraNevadaMom

Answer by SierraNevadaMom at 11:42 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Belize
    Freeport, Bahamas
    Costa Rica
    Key West

Answer by rkoloms at 5:19 AM on May. 26, 2010