Moms that hand wash bottles...

Which brand do you use? I use Playtex Ventaire, and the measurements are washing off(and they're brand new). Any recommendations?

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 5:01 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used born free. I worried about the toxins in plastics so I went to glass. You can get them at most health food stores. I do wash bottles by hand and I liked that there was a large opening so I could get it very clean easily!

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 5:04 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Playtex drop ins. They are BPA free and you don't have to scrub the bottles. They also get no air.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 5:06 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Try a strip of masking tape down the side and mark it with a sharpie.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:07 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I use them those twice a day and when she is at daycare I send the playtex dropins. I haven't noticed them rubbing off yet. Maybe try the dropins.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:55 PM on May. 25, 2010

• yeah i use the drop ins also, so i dont have to scrub the whole bottle just the rim of it and the nipple. maybe try switching bottles :)
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 6:23 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I use the Soothie brand bottles and a few glass ones, I haven't had any problems with the measurements coming off of the soothies and now that my LO can hold her own bottle she loves them.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 9:12 PM on May. 25, 2010

• my dd won't take bottles but her sippy cups are tommee tippee. I have had no problems with the measurements washing off.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:24 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I use the Dr. Brown's BPA-Free Bottles. They are EXCELLENT and I highly recommend them. I have washed them over & over 100's of times & have never had a problem. They are also fantastic for preventing the baby from becoming gassy. Just adjust the nipple size opening according to the babies age.

Anonymous

• I am using the vent aire for 2 months and havent had that problem at all, maybe it is the dishsoap that is too harsh.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:45 PM on May. 25, 2010