Does anyone know how

pot affects a developing baby?

I am a SM. SS, 6, is here with us, and I swear, sometimes does the stupidest crap and doesn't seem to know WHY he does it. He just thinks he can do whatever he wants. He's smart but it's like he lacks common sense. Also, I'll often tell him to do or NOT do something and less than 2 secs later he'll purposely seem to go against whatever it was I just said. Punishing and consequences seem to have no effect on him.

BM smoked pot while pregnant and I'm just curious if his lack of common sense is an age or gender thing, or something developmentally that may have happened and affected him due to the fact she chose to smoke pot (and who knows what else)while pregnant.

Sorry, not sure where else to put this, so I figured people reading this category may know best.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well aside from scientific studies that say it can effect there development, growth etc. http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-smoke-marijuana-during-pregnancy_2490.bc   ... I know from seeing it first hand I wouldn't do it. My cousins docotor told her it was fine and safer than cig. but her first child was born with a hole in his lung (if i remember correctly, it may have been his heart) and both are slow reacing milestones and they seem almost "stoned" everytime i see them they just sit there and stare.. One is 3 the other is 1.

mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:26 PM on May. 25, 2010