Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone ever had to get a medical information sheet with proof of vaccination for college and you were out of state and your parents did not have that information?

i am 33 so its been a long time since i got vaccinations andi am not in the state in which i recieved those vaccinations. so i am not quite sure where i would go and find them. do high school keep records for a long time on graduates? anyone have any experience with this. ofcourse i asked my mother first but she isnt even sure so i need a backup plan. thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by lambdarose at 6:27 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Health

Level 22 (14,088 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • depending on the vaccinations you could do a titer which would prove immunity I dont know if that would work. Basically would prove you are immune to whatever the shot was for. I know I had to get vaccinations and also prove immunity for nursing schools. I would see if you could do that. Also, if you know the clinics or where ever you got vaccinated at then you should try calling them. Hope that helps.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • Sorry meant to say also call the school you are going to go to and see if they would take titers as proof of immunity

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • I got mine from my high school 2 years ago and I am 33 so your HS should still have yours also.. I did have to get a few new vaccines that were not required when I was little but is now.. So you might have to get some more also or at least a booster.

    Answer by midnightmoma at 6:40 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • my doctor no longer practices or i would of called that office. i will call my school and see if they will take the titers

    Answer by lambdarose at 6:40 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • The titers are expensive. I would call your high school and request a copy of your transcripts because your immunizations are listed on them. Good luck.

    Answer by coala at 7:27 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • oh i am glad someone said something about the high school and they got theirs that way. thanks.

    Answer by lambdarose at 7:53 PM on May. 25, 2010

  • Or you can just sign the philosphical waiver and not worry about it.

    Answer by Natsnumberthree at 8:13 PM on May. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.