anyone ever had to get a medical information sheet with proof of vaccination for college and you were out of state and your parents did not have that information?

i am 33 so its been a long time since i got vaccinations andi am not in the state in which i recieved those vaccinations. so i am not quite sure where i would go and find them. do high school keep records for a long time on graduates? anyone have any experience with this. ofcourse i asked my mother first but she isnt even sure so i need a backup plan. thanks.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 6:27 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Health

• depending on the vaccinations you could do a titer which would prove immunity I dont know if that would work. Basically would prove you are immune to whatever the shot was for. I know I had to get vaccinations and also prove immunity for nursing schools. I would see if you could do that. Also, if you know the clinics or where ever you got vaccinated at then you should try calling them. Hope that helps.
    Anonymous

• Sorry meant to say also call the school you are going to go to and see if they would take titers as proof of immunity
    Anonymous

• I got mine from my high school 2 years ago and I am 33 so your HS should still have yours also.. I did have to get a few new vaccines that were not required when I was little but is now.. So you might have to get some more also or at least a booster.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:40 PM on May. 25, 2010

• my doctor no longer practices or i would of called that office. i will call my school and see if they will take the titers
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:40 PM on May. 25, 2010

• The titers are expensive. I would call your high school and request a copy of your transcripts because your immunizations are listed on them. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:27 PM on May. 25, 2010

• oh i am glad someone said something about the high school and they got theirs that way. thanks.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:53 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Or you can just sign the philosphical waiver and not worry about it.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 8:13 PM on May. 25, 2010