sweating

so this is my first baby and i've seen that in a lot of portrayals of childbirth the woman is always drenched in sweat to the point where her hair is soaking wet. i was wondering if thats just a reflex of labor cause it seems that if you were that hot someone would at least turn a fan on. so does labor just automatically make you sweat for no reason?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That didnt happen to me and it didnt happen to my mother either. So..I think maybe the media decided to make women look sweaty :)
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:45 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I wasn't sweaty. But my hair was wet, because they let me sit in a hotstub for a while to help me along with the labour.
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 6:46 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I think it depends on the woman. For some it is a lot more work than others. If you're pushing for a few hours you might sweat more than someone who has pushed for 15 minutes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on May. 26, 2010