What do you think of Advent bottles?

Do they work well for you?

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 6:47 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Neither of my kids liked them. We used the playtex drop ins with my son but the drop ins get costly....with our daughter, who is 5 months old we us glass bottles, I love the fact they are recyclable
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:49 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I used them. My son liked them.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 6:51 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I used them w/ both my kids. Worked great w/ my son who was colic. Stuck w/ them w/ my daughter never had a problem w/ gas w/ her. The only thing that I dislike about them is that if you don't put the top on the right way they leak. Especially if you twist them to tight. But I found running the top under water before hand works great.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:52 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Yes I liked them. I forgot about the leaking thing though....that could be annoying, especially when you use formula and go for that first shake. My son took to them right away...he wouldn't use the Playtex ones which I bought first because they are suppose to closest you your nipple. I think it really depends on your kid. Buy a few and if they work run out and buy more. I had to get rid of a ton of playtex bottles!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 7:02 PM on May. 25, 2010

• From a parent perspective, I REALLY like Advent and Gerber's triangular (instead of round) bottle. They're both wider rimmed and easier to dump the formula in if you use formula, and much easier to clean out if you use a bottle brush imo. For my first child we didn't have a dishwasher so I was using bottle brush for them all - but where we live now we have dishwasher for my ds' bottles so I guess it doesn't matter, but those are the two I appreciate the most. We also have some Playtex ones that we used but I didn't like cleaning them out as much as the other two brands, so they sat in the cabinet the majority of the time.
    pd4now82

Answer by pd4now82 at 7:58 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I found them unpredictable. sometimes sturdy, sometimes leaky. we bought tons, quite pricey, and ended up eliminating them. too risky, couldn't count on them
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:58 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I mainly breastfed, so they were only used on occasion but the ones we had were Avent and they worked well for us!

Answer by missanc at 10:19 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I use Avent for the occasional feeding (I mostly breast feed). I've never had a problem with leaking.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:40 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Yes, there is a bit of a leak problem at times. However, I find it a minor inconvenience in the long run. All it requires is the cap to be screwed off and re-screwed - or what I do is generally do a quick pop out of the nipple and replace it just to be sure - and that takes care of it - a less than 30-second fix. I appreciate the other aspects about it more than having the leak issue be that much of an inconvenience to stop using the bottles altogether. Evenflo bottle leak problems were more problematic for me than Avent ones. Even-Flo leaked more often and don't fix right away causing me to have to take off and examine the lid and nipple several times before getting it resolved, or worse not noticing and having the baby drenched. That's never been the case for me with Avent. Leak issues were always resolved the first try and within seconds. Not much of an issue to me since it wasn't really THAT frequent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on May. 26, 2010