"Boys Should Remain As God Intended"

This is a quote from another question about circumcision... One mom stated that God made boys that way so it must be the way they were meant to be. But if you are Jewish, Christian or Muslim circumcision is a commandment that God gave his people to set them apart...

SO, if he wanted them to remain intact, why did he tell his people to circumcise? And if he wanted his people to circumcise, why did he make the foreskin so long in the first place??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Um I know Christians are no longer commanded to do so. Any more, it is preference. God made our hair to grow, should we not cut it, or fix birth defects, etc? It doesn't hurt us, so I don't see why it should matter :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 7:07 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I don't know what religion has to do with it. Have you ever slept with an uncircumsized man? I think it's gross and causes bladder infections if they don't clean themselves right.....I vote snip it!
    Anonymous

• I think that circumcision is proof of GOD. Because only someone who heard the voice of GOD would actually cut off a bit from his penis. I don't think some guy was just sitting around one day with a sharp stone and thought. What would happen if I just whacked this off?

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:12 PM on May. 25, 2010

• this is a perfect example of why i'm against organized religion. according to the bible, God made us perfect, but then He said we needed to alter ourselves. doesn't make any sense to me. religious leaders pick and choose the rules to suit their preference at the time. the bible also says that if a man rapes a girl, he has to marry her so as not to shame her father... establish you own relationship with God based on your personal feelings. and don't worry about all the rules. just be a good person. i don't think God judges people based on the condition of their genitals.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 7:16 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Christians do not have to follow the old testament.
    Anonymous

• what if *gasp* "god" is all in your head...
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:29 PM on May. 25, 2010

• like many other old testament rules (e.g. don't eat pork), this was a rule that was written in the interests of health and hygiene. many people, for some reason, will not do what is good for them and/or others because it's a good or right thing to do - fear is a great motivator - back in the days the bible was written, people were very superstitious about their gods and needed to believe that the unseen forces would punish them for not obeying in order to get them to do what was best. it's kind of like don't kill people had to come from god because people wouldn't refrain from it simply because it was wrong - as with today, there is such a huge sense of entitlement for selfish desires and disregard of the rights and freedoms of others, ethics and morals were cast aside. apparently it's an effective machine since so many still subscribe and fear burning in hell, judgement, punishment...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:42 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Christians are not commanded to circumcise. Circumcision was an outward sign for the Jews, it separated a nation of people unto God. 

m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 8:00 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I don't much care what the bible says on the subject. Circumcision is a cosmetic surgery, potentially dangerous or even fatal. It's ridiculous. Also, it looks silly. I've never seen a cut penis in real life, just on the internet, and they creep me out.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:46 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Now that Yahshua is the new covenant we do not have to circumcise our sons anymore. Colossians 3:11 explains where I get my info. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 8:59 PM on May. 25, 2010