Other than vaccines... How can someone be exposed to Aluminum in ways that will cause "heavy metal" build up??

I've been doing some research on ALS, which my MIL died of. A number of studies are linking a high amount of Aluminum to the development of ALS. I know that many vaccines contain Aluminum, and that is mentioned in a number of the studies... But beyond that what are the other ways to encounter this?

I have reason to believe I am allergic to Aluminum and can't use certain deodorants because of it, but because my family is already at a higher risk because of a genetic weakness to ALS, I want all the information I can find...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Health

• Drinking soda from a can. Eating food from aluminum cans. The aluminum leeches into the food/drink because of the acid the longer it's in the can.
    Anonymous

• I've read that aluminum cookware will also transfer to the food you are eating.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 7:32 PM on May. 25, 2010

• canned anything
    sun screen
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:37 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Even toothpaste has it. Flouride is a by product of the aluminum industry.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:49 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Aluminum cookware.
    Anonymous

• we use parchment paper instead of aluminum foil, and we use a lot of cast iron cookware, and stainless steel. canned foods and beverages are also lined with plastic, with the BPA...so yet another reason to avoid canned goods! read all your labels for beauty products, and look them up.
    good luck to you and your health!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:17 PM on May. 25, 2010

• i think there may be connections to pesticides and cleaning products too, but not sure.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:23 PM on May. 25, 2010