he's ALWAYS grabbing his private parts..

a few months ago i put my son in big boy underwear and he's been really good with potty training. but this past week he has been grabbing himself CONSTANTLY. at first i thought it was cuz he had to go potty, but even after he goes, he goes and grabs himself again. he's not itching or anything, just grabbing. i know little boys are interested in their private parts and what not, but why now? when he has been in underwear for a while now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• His underwear could be too tight. It might not look like it, but it might feel that way to him. I would try buying some larger pairs and see if that helps. My sister had this problem with her youngest and that is what helped him.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:40 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I would try the larger pair of underwear as well. My son used to do that and still kinda does.

Just wait til he starts to ask the questions, as to why does he have a penis and girls a vagina! I told my son he has a penis and peanuts and we have a vagina, it's a girl thing and God made us different as we would be quite boring looking the same.

THEN he has to ask me WHY does his penis stick up some times and when he has to go pee. Last year when he was 5 years old he said," Why does my penis stick out like that? I'm SO tired of it sticking up Mom."

I'm thinking to MYSELF, Well son, maybe you wont need viagra!

I hate to admit I laughed and said,"Well its your bodys way of telling you you are a boy and need to go pee?"

He says point blank," Apparently not Mom cause it happens when Im awake or if I touch it." I said,'Keep your hands off it until ya pee then." He said,"Works for me, thanks Mom!" WHEW!!! BOYS!
    Anonymous

• Boys just like to touch it. Men have to make sure it's still there, I think. I have to boys and I'm convinced that there isn't any feeling there until they hit about 5 or 6. Mine use to pull and poke at it, hard enough to make a grown man cringe in pain.

Maybe you can tell him that the only place to touch it is in the bathroom. IDK. It might work.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:02 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Maybe hes not getting his pee all out? I know that if i dont pee all the way it burns until i sit there and get it all out, maybe im just weird, i dunno. Maybe try bigger undies so its not so restricting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on May. 26, 2010

• We started potty training our 3 yr old a couple of weeks ago and have the same problem.. I think it's just curiosity.. In our case, his underwear is definitely big enough and yet he still fiddles... If you find a solution, post it so the rest of us can benefit!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:53 AM on May. 26, 2010