Have you ever won a sweepstake?

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 7:38 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• theres was a radio station around here called 92.3 k rock, and when i was like 16 they were having a contest thing where if you were the 92nd caller you would win tickets to a limp bizkit show and get to meet them, they did this for a few days straight, so i called for like days non stop. finally one day i was the 92nd caller and they asked me how old i was, i told them i was 16 and they said i couldnt go because it was in a club and you have to be 18. and i was so upset i was like what if my parents give me permission lolol and theyre like sorry sweetheart, no permission slips allowed. and this was all on the radio. so pissed.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:46 PM on May. 25, 2010

• no but my mom has won TONS. back in the day when i was young (pre-computers) she entered sweepstakes as a hobby and won all kinds of stuff. my friend lucy went through a winning streak a while back too.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:47 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I won a raffle prize once, a $1000 gift certificate to the local shopping mall.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:51 PM on May. 25, 2010

• ITS FAKE !
    Anonymous

• not all of them are fake anon. My mom has won a couple too
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 7:59 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I won the world's biggest easter basket contest 12 years ago, and it took us months to eat all of that candy. It was indeed a huge basket, it was delivered to my house by UPS. I entered this contest in our mall here in Roanoke. I never thought anything else about it because I'm skeptic about these type of things, but my son begged me to, so I did. We got a phone call telling us we won, my son was screaming with joy because he knew what was in that basket, I screamed because I never won anything.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:19 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My hubby and I just won a $300 tent from Bass Pro Shop this pass Saturday!!! We went to an after hours event for VIP customers and entered the drawing. We also went because we wanted a tent that was on a REALLY good sale, but ending up not needing to buy it. We love camping and wanted a bigger tent!!! They called his name and I jumped up and down and screamed like I was on fire! My hubby just said ' thats my wife!'
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:24 PM on May. 25, 2010