atitude when i'm home

my 2 1/2 year old don't act the same as she does when i'm not and the problem is i don't like the way she acts when i'm home that she acts great when i'm not around and when i'm am she gives me the run around how can i stop it

mikesgurl

Asked by mikesgurl at 8:07 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is an ANGEL when im gone and she is with a sitter, but i walk in the door and IMEDIATLY, i mean the second my key turns the lock, she is crying and screaming like she has been at it for hours. I have a video of it from the 'sitters' point of view. In 1/2 a second she goes from laughing and running around to screaming and hysterical. I worked hard to get her over this craziness by making me coming home not a big deal. I would come in, ignore her, put my things down say hi, hop in the shower and then we would only hug and kiss after she had calmed down. Eventually she stopped, well 9/10ths of the time
    Anonymous

• I'm pretty sure this is normal for all children....everyone i've talked to say it's normal and thier kid went through it. My dd is 3 and does it...
    It may never change...your kids will always be better for other people lol :)
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:25 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My daughter does it and she's about to turn one. My mom will say she's been a perfect angel all day .. as soon as she see's me walk in ... SCREAMING. So I'm doin like Anon 8:11 said .. making it no big deal .. no improvements yet, but I'm trying.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 8:36 PM on May. 25, 2010

• now that angel is 3 and i now work at her daycare she seems to get worse she don't listen and thinks she can do what ever i have tryed to put her in her room when we get home for the way she acts but that don't seem to work. like today she had a chance to go home with the neighbor and play with her daughter and she told angel to put a coat on its cold out side and she did not do it she throw a fit. so she had to stay at daycare. she got louder and screaming and crying and yelling i took her in the bathroom and explained to her what she did any why she could not go that did not help what can i do to get her to see why she is in trouble so much for not listen because her spending the day in her room don't help?
    mikesgurl

Comment by mikesgurl (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2010