Im done being a SAHM! i just can't take it anymore!

i've been a SAHM for 7 years now. i can't take another day of it! It was all i wanted to do when i just had 2 children. we have 5 now. IM DONE! is it wrong to say enough is enough? im getting to the point where i spend more time yelling at them then having fun with them. i don't like myself anymore. i don't feel like a good mom. i just can't take it! *tears*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on May. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• ITS GONNA BE OK!! YOUR A GREAT MOM! DONT EVER TELL YOURSELF THAT YOUR NOT! I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT BEING A SAHM CAN BE EXHAUSTING AMD OVERWHELMING. I DONT THINK SAHM MOMS GET THE CREDIT THEY DESERVE! I SAY TRY TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WHERE YOU CAN HAVE "ME" TIME AT LEAST 1-2 TIMES A WEEK. i HAD TO DO THE SAME!! GOOD LUCK MAMA!!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 9:32 PM on May. 25, 2010

• (((((HUGS)))))))) oh honey its ok. we all feel like that some days....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:53 PM on May. 25, 2010

• God bless you sweetheart! I give major props to all you SAHM's I could never do it! I paid through the ass for daycare.
    paytonpants06

Answer by paytonpants06 at 8:54 PM on May. 25, 2010

• wanted you to see that quickly :). I have a 15 yr old, and a 1 yr old...I feel that way alot too so I cant imagine with 5! is there anyone who can watch them once a week so you get a break? something to look forward to each week can make a huge difference. even the money, if you can swing it, to have a high school girl come in for a couple hours a week, so you can take a bath, a walk whatever....hang in there hon and if you really need to go back to work to save your sanity-do it! dont feel bad there is nothing wrong with needed your own life.(hugs) please dont feel alone, really we all have bad days, and even weeks. it doesnt mean ya dont love your kids, just means you are human :).
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:56 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Then it's time to make a change. You are a good mom. Take some time for you and for your dreams for your life. No law says you have to stay home forever. Once my kids started school I was out going to school and working. I too needed to find myself again and did. It's your turn now. If you are not happy then your family won't be happy so go find your joy again so your family can be balanced and everyone enjoys their role in the home.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:00 PM on May. 25, 2010

• You're a great mom!! Especially for being open and honest about how you feel. Being a SAHM is a lot of work and isn't for everyone. Please do what's best for you and your family and don't think for one second that you would be less of a mom should you choose to work. Everything will work itself out...stay strong. Good luck!
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 10:06 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Oh boy, we've all been there. Just hang in there, take a break. If you need a part time job, get one so you're not doing the SAHM thing only.
    Anonymous

• I don't normally listen to country, but there is a song by Darius Rucker "it won't be like this for long". I repeat that to myself over and over reminding myself that my babies will only be babies for a minute. That and "this too shall pass". I use these in the "I wish I could beat you" and "i can't take it anymore" and "fine go play in the parking lot" moments.
    Anonymous

• Oh, I definitely have those days!!!! I've been a SAHM for 3 years now and I'm already getting sick of it. I plan on being one for 1 more year so I can finish college (I'm doing what I can online and only next spring semester will I have to actually attend in school). I catch myself applying for jobs already... even though I know I should just finish.... there are definitely days I'm ready to be done!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 11:17 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Stop having children. That's the first step. The more you have, the more "trapped" you'll feel, and you don't want to make your kids feel your resentment.

Try to get out of the house more often-trips to the malls, walks in the park, etc. Find a babysitter so you and your hubby can go out on dates. Find a new hobby-I'm going to brush up on my French while my daughter sleeps at night. Journal/blog.

It'll be ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on May. 26, 2010