Loosing weight while pregnant?

Im 36wks and have only gained 6lbs since i became pregnant. monday at my o.b. appt the scale said i have lost almost all of those 6lbs. has anyone ever lost weight in the last trimester? i havent changed eating or exercise routine.

renniemom3

Asked by renniemom3 at 8:53 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I lost weight when I was pregnant with my daughter.
    I decided to eat super healthy(which I should have been doing from the start but those cravings are so powerful) and I had GD so I cut out refined sugar and a lot of carbs and such. I lost weight as a result.
    She was still a healthy 7lb9oz baby.

You could be retaining less water.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:06 PM on May. 25, 2010

• It depends on you, your body, your baby, your health......

my son weighed 7 pounds 12oz and at the end when the preg was over I had lost 30ish pounds

my daughter weighed 6 pounds 12oz and I lost a TON.... even though she measured normal on the ultrasounds they gave me tpn (tube feeding) to calorie bulk up weeks 29-39 of my pregnancy. even w/ the 4000 calories a day feedings in the end I lost nearly 60 pounds
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:19 PM on May. 25, 2010

• it's normal to not gain or lose weight in the last trimester
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:42 PM on May. 25, 2010