Is it cheaper to put a almost 3 year old in daycare or have a baby sitter for part time care?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well that depends on about a million things!!!! the two oddities that come to my mind are

1) in daycare your kiddo will likely get sick more so factor in dr copays, missed work, tylenol/motrin etc etc

2) at home w/ a sitter you're paying for lunch and snacks which will likely be covered in the tuition of the daycare

good luck, shop around! don't forget mileage too
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:54 PM on May. 25, 2010

• If you can find a daycare that does part time work than I'd do that. My son has never gotten sick while being in daycare. Also, I looked for a home daycare and many overcharged. I'd rather my son get socialized and learn a lot more than he would from someone at home.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:12 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Also keep in mind that some home sitters are not licensed by the state (some are); but all daycares must be state licensed and inspected.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:32 PM on May. 25, 2010

• My daughter goes to a lisenced home daycare and I pay 110 a week. This includes food.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:33 PM on May. 25, 2010

• How about part-time in daycare. This is what we did with our 2 year old for a year, only a couple days a week and he never got sick at daycare either. He just doesn't get sick though.
    Anonymous