Is this help, or is Obama just trying to shut up the critics?

The U.S. / Mexico border is 1969 miles long. Obama is sending 1200 troops. That is less than one extra person per mile. It's the equivilent of trying to stop a flood with one sandbag per mile.

Is this just a political move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It is a pure political move, which is why he is sending so few Guardsmen.
    About what is normal for him, to only give a token amount of what is really needed.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:06 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Anonymous

• A LOT of miles are covered by fence in So Cal. And there's still the border patrol. Remember that these are SUPPLEMENTAL. The sandbags are already there.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:28 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I love OBAMA!!!

To many, he's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. BUSH didn't do SH*t for how long???? 8 years yup that's right 8 years, and how many complained while he was out golfing? Imagine if Obama took a day off to golf?
    Anonymous

• He's really trying to HELP!!!! He is the president of the United States! If he wasn't interested in helping get us out of the hell hole that Bush dug us into, then he wouldn't have made it to president!
    Anonymous

• Wow, some really angry anons there.

It doesn't seem like much to me. Border patrol can't come close to covering the entire border, and 1200 more is just another drop in the bucket. I appreciate he has done something, but I just don't see how this will possibly help.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:45 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Hey it is let's blame Bush post!!! YEAH Yes it is very political, just like when Clinton sent out a bomb, when he was going through the whole infidelity thing. Just try to take the heat off. My question is this, if he is sending the troops out, will he support the AZ law. Oh, this is something I just recently found out, that the Federal Immigration Law, they can ask you for papers WITHOUT cause.  But the AZ law clearly states that they must have a cause, before asking.  Isn't that interesting.

Oh and also that the Mexican government also has over 2000 americans, that they are basically holding hostage, so they can extort money from their relitives that live here in the US and our government is doing NOTHING about it.

Anonymous

• He is trying to shut up his critics.  His little Obama a$$-kissers won't see it that way.  They still have a Big O whenever he speaks.  Luckily, they are down to only 25% of the population, and that number is dropping fast.

Anonymous

• Of course it's a political move. He is, after all, a politician.
    Anonymous

• OMG you people are just friggin haters, and I don't get why. Let me guess U R HUGE SPORTS FANS, like u go to the games of your kids and yell at the opposing teams players or u tell ur kids to; and u try to start shit with opposing parents; kinda the like the asses I often get in spats with (have a name for them).

Well anyway, get over the damn Obama shit. I really don't get what u people stand for. R U Racists? R U Christians? R U Fiscal (which would mean you'd have to live simply and/or run a small biz- cuz most Americans are extremely over their limits in superficial perception-competing with the Jones')? You deny ur racist yet you can't even answer this ? w/out the Racist overtone- hating on Obama; people hated Bush and were never this bad, NEVER. If your christian u sure as hell don't walk it, so get off that wagon. If ur fiscal, UH where were the cries when BUSH was in power for "8 YEARS" .
    Anonymous