my feet HURT so bad when i work out with any impact... low or high. tips?

like.. its seriously painful... to the point i want to stop, (i dont). but it burns... mostly my arches. but i didnt used to have a problem. what shoes might help, etc?

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 9:58 PM on May. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have had that problem before. I think my shoes were too tight. I mean they fit when I buy them, but as I am working out and my feet swell they get to be too tight. I bought a larger pair of shoes and I have not had that problem anymore.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:01 PM on May. 25, 2010

• maybe... ill look into it. i did loosen my laces and it didn't help that much.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:05 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Try Aetrex athletic shoes. They have great arch support as well as heel and toe support.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:05 PM on May. 25, 2010

• They also have a nicely cushioned sole.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:06 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I had to do it barefoot to stop the pain...sad, I know.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:35 PM on May. 25, 2010

• Go to a local store that fits your feet for shoes. They'll analyze your gait, ask questions about what type of workouts you're doing and get you into a pair of shoes that are right for your feet. You also might need an insert to better support your arches. Don't work through pain!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:23 PM on May. 25, 2010

• When you go shopping for shoes next time, do these two things: make sure you walk around for a while before putting any on, that way your feet are a little swollen from the walking like they would be from exercise. The second thing: before buying any shoes for exercising, take one and try to bend it in half- toe to heel. If it bends, don't buy it- it won't give you enough support. You want a shoe that you can't bend; you night also look for a shoe that has a higher arch support if that is the area that is hurting.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:44 AM on May. 26, 2010

• ever since i was about 27 i have had to do no impact and low impact workouts. i guess my body has just changed. i have been fitted for shoes and got custom orthotics as well. i still think great fitting shoes and the proper shoes for the exercise you are doing are very important. have you tried using the elliptical, or swimming? if the exercising is new for you, then it could be a matter of getting used to it. for me personally, the pain started in my feet, then went to my knees, then my low back...
    good luck with the feet and footwear, and have fun with your work outs!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:00 AM on May. 26, 2010