are you a Momma who does not drive?

Details! How does/does not it affect your parenting?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:09 PM on May. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have a license and I drive only if I have to....too many careless people on the road for me....other than that, I just stay home until hubby wants to go somewhere, and he drives 99% of the time.
    soldierluvr0407

Answer by soldierluvr0407 at 12:26 AM on May. 26, 2010

• i do not drive a car i do not have a license no i have never had one or had one taking away from me but that is all about to change because im geting one i have a daughter to raise and take care of no one else is going to do it
    Anonymous

• My mother never had a licence and it stunk! We could never go anywhere unless we walked and we lived far from everything.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:28 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I do not know how to drive, but I am learning lol.... I am terrified of it and when i am dirivng I have to look straight ahead ( if i even look to the side for a second, the car goes that way too ) lol so I still have a way to go.... but my daughter starts school in a little over a year so I need to drive so I can take her and pick her up ...

I dont think it has effected me that much, alot of my friends do not drive either ( and are in the mid-twenties) ... we do live in a small town ( not like a big city) ...and basically I have to go out of town for almost everything ( shopping, the Drs, etc) ...... I usually do everything with my husband ..I dont think that would change even if I did drive myself ( he would still want to go to all the Dr appts. and when we grocery shop, that is when we get everything since it in far away...so he would still go to that too) ....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:33 PM on May. 25, 2010

• i have a license, but havent drove yet.. I have no car, I have to rely on my mom to drive us... and I only ask her to take us to his doctors.. that's it.. if I want to go somewhere with my son.. I'll wait till she wants to go out with us or I'll walk around the black with him lol it sucks balls, but I gotta do what I gotta do, I'm still in the process of finding a job and has NO luck whatsoever, my last job experience was 4 years ago
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 10:38 PM on May. 25, 2010

• We have great public transit and lots of places in walking distance.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:49 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I don't have a licence, but we also only have one car. i never had one. I have been in 7 car accidents where it was the other person fault not the one driving the car I was in. I'm afraid to drive. i went in once but my eyes are too bad to read the signs from far enough away. So i just gave up. I have a husband and a great support net work, we all work together so i don't need to drive anyways.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 11:54 PM on May. 25, 2010

• I won't have my license until october. It doesn't really effect my parenting except for the fact that it sucks not being to take my own son to the doctor or just go somewhere together and enjoy ourselves. We are just stuck here at the house unless I can find us a ride. Which is hard because I can barely find rides to doctor appt. let alone just to take him somewhere fun.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:46 AM on May. 26, 2010

• but i am thinking about moving to florida or philly. they have good public transportation but here in georgia we have nothing.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:48 AM on May. 26, 2010

• i cannot imagine that... i NEED my car and my freedom! but... i dont LOVE to drive like some.. it serves a purpose. dh LOVES to drive, when we are together, he always drives because he actually enjoys it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:21 AM on May. 26, 2010